“Lovely stay with a brilliant breakfast”

Green Dragon Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Welton
Price range: US$1 - US$21
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Come to The Green Dragon in Welton, a gorgeous country pub and hotel steeped in history. Set in a sensitively refurbished 17th Century coaching inn said to have been a favourite haunt of highwayman Dick Turpin, our pub combines character and charm with modern facilities. Dine with us and choose from a menu that includes roast chicken, British classics, traditional favourites with a fresh twist, world food, and indulgent desserts. Stay with us and enjoy the relaxed pace of village life, and easy access to the city. Hull is just 3.5 miles away. We have 11 cosy ensuite guest rooms in the converted stable block. A complimentary breakfast is included in the room rate. We look forward to welcoming you!
Reviewed 11 June 2021

We arrived a little early but out room was ready so we were let straight in. The room was lovely and clean we also eat in the restaurant that evening the food was very tasty and I would definitely recommend to eat here.

The bed was very comfortable we had a lovely nights sleep. Breakfast wow were do I start so much choice you get continental breakfast as well as a cooked breakfast you also get a hot and cold drink the latte was lovely all in all we had a lovely stay all the staff are friendly and helpful I would highly recommend a stay here and we will definitely come back .

Also it situated in a lovely village with a stream running through and just a few mins walk to a lovely wooded area.

Date of visit: June 2021
GreenDragonWelton, General Manager at Green Dragon Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2021

Samshaun123,
Thank you for the lovely feedback, this will be shared with all the team. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the room comfortable.
I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed our new menu, we love any feedback we get back on this!
I hope we will see you again soon.
Amy

Write a reviewReviews (319)

Reviewed 3 June 2021

I attended the Green Dragon Restaurant for an evening meal on Saturday 29th May with my wife. We were given the menus and my wife ordered Scampi as her main course. Her meal was reasonable however very basic with little or no attention given to the presentation however she enjoyed the food.
I chose the chicken and mushroom pie with seasonal vegetables. I can honestly say this was the worst meal I had ever had in my life. The pie crust was very thick and hard, a saw would have been a better choice than a knife to cut through the pastry. The seasonal vegetables were seasonal but from what year was my concern, I guessed 2019. They were limp and wrinkled with little or no taste. I showed this food to a staff membrer who agreed it as unacceptable and offered me a discount. To be honest a discount was not what I was looking for, I wanted a lovely meal on our night out and was presented with this rubbish. I must also say the price of the meal was based on quality, this was far from that. I would have been ashamed to have prepared and presented this plate of food for anybody .
I will never eat at this so called Restaurant again.

Date of visit: May 2021

micric2016,
I am so sorry to hear about your experience with us. The feedback was passed back to the kitchen on the night, and breakfast when you brought it up with myself, and I apologised. I hope that you enjoyed your Sunday lunch the day after and we managed to redeem ourselves.
I have passed your feedback back again. as the meal you received on the 29th was unacceptable and I do hope that you will visit again next time you are seeing family.

Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

We were so looking forward to our visit and made a day of it. Unfortunately the mains took over two hours to arrive and although the manager was apologetic and offered a small discount they still managed to overcharge for another item which I flagged in the end as it just seemed wrong to accept. Our waitress was very pleasant and it’s a beautiful
Village but it seems their is a significant lack of staff and training. Food when it came was ok but nothing special especially considering prices.

Date of visit: April 2021

mopsatasha,
I'm so sorry to hear about your recent visit with us. That day was especially busy and due to the lock downs/shut downs we have lost several of our team. All feedback gets passed back to the relevant teams and is brilliant in helping us figure out where we went wrong. We do hope that you will give us another try.

Reviewed 17 May 2021 via mobile

Wonderful lunch today at The Green Dragon, the crayfish linguine was amazing, a really good addition to the menu! A lovely welcome from the staff as always, you are doing a great job.
We cannot sing your praises enough! Looking forward to seeing you again soon

Date of visit: May 2021
GreenDragonWelton, General Manager at Green Dragon Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2021

AnneJessop, thank you so much for your lovely feedback. We are so pleaased you enjoyed your visit to the pub, and like the new menu! We hope to see you again soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 30 April 2021

Called in here for a pint after a walk. Staff were friendly, helpful, and efficient so I stayed for two! Good, prompt, service and a good range of well kept beers. I will visit again!

Date of visit: April 2021

Mark_J_Cotton, thank you for the feedback! We hope you enjoyed your walk (and the beer!), we hope to see you again soon!