All reviewsriber roomroll top bathcharming hotellike stepping back in timekedgereeoriginal featurestop floorground coffeeowners christea traysmall hotelpeak districtwarm welcomeevening mealfour poster bedlittle gemfixtures and fittings
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Amazing food !!
Amazing hospitality!!
Fantastic surroundings !!
Did I say amazing staff !!!
Great cheese board
Beautiful setting and terrace x
Amazing !! Amazing !!
Go visit !!

Houlumi and figs # local cheese # lamb and beetroot # pork and hoisin # delicious

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed a two-night stay at this most characterful hotel. It was quite delightful, with Chris and Zoë the nicest of hosts, full of information about what to do in the area. I look forward to returning.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2018

I recently got married and had my post wedding meal at Hodgkinsons. Myself and several members of my family also stayed there and it was absolutely perfect from start to finish.

The meal was for 18 adults and three children and Zoe and Chris were just so accommodating and so helpful. In fact all the staff we met were brilliant! The hotel itself is beautiful, very traditional and they made it look so lovely for our meal. The food was incredible and everyone loved it! . Zoe and Chris gave us a list of options beforehand from which we narrowed down the selection. All of our guests have told us how much they loved the food. We also had drinks in the cave area out the back which my guests (particularly the children) loved. It was so unique!! Post meal we relaxed in the small lounge area with some of our guests before heading to bed.

And the bedroom was incredible! We stayed in the Riber which was very special with a four poster bed and roll top bath, As our family pretty much booked out the rest of the hotel we saw all the other rooms and they were all beautiful and each unique. The breakfast the next day was also brilliant.

I can honestly say our wedding would not have been as perfect as it was without Chris and Zoe and the Hodgkinson hotel. They were so helpful, friendly and accommodating I cannot thank them enough and I cannot recommend this hotel enough for anyone wanting to stay in Matlock Bath. We are looking forward to spending many anniversaries here.

Room Tip: The Riber was amazing but you cant go wrong with any of them!
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lucy H
Reviewed 2 July 2018

What a wonderful boutique hotel, managed and owned by Zoe and Chris, who have invested lots of time, energy and love into what they do, to offer their guests a great experience.

The Property itself has been sympathetically restored and is maintained, with many of its original Victorian features as a veritable time capsule of 1800's life, you get that brilliant feeling of being taken back in time, whilst enjoying the modernity now expected of any hotel.

The building was centrally located, had access to parking, which is an essential in this little Town and was flooded with light each morning.

The rooms were comfortable and spacious, with T.V, kettle and the usual selection of teas, but the owners went a bit further than most, providing a cafetierre and real coffee along with some real tea too, throw in the fresh cookies each day and some complimentary water to get you settled and your already relaxed, for the holiday ahead...

The breakfast menu was extensive and if you couldn't see what you wanted from the huge choice, the owners would do their utmost to help make your stay comfortable and enjoyable.

We had Dinner one night and the food was delicious, plentiful and reasonably priced, much better than some of the other establishments in the Town.

My wife Sue and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and as the owners have been resident for some time in the area, they were a gold mine of local information on places to visit, where to walk and what to see further afield in the Peak district.

If your looking for something quite special with friendly and welcoming hosts, Hodgkins is the place for you, we had a very relaxing and enjoyable week here and we would like to thank everyone at the Hotel for making our stay such a memorable one and a brillkiant introduction to the splendour of the Derbyshire Dales

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jim m
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We booked Hodgkinson's Hotel through booking.com last minute, centrally located, small and cosy, has a bar and restaurant (which we would have eaten in but we really fancied a Chinese, as it was China Rose was closed, so we opted for pizza at Fishponds!). Nice room, a bit period furnished but the hotel does go back four hundred years I think and it works. Nice couple that run it.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple