“So disappointing ”

Spa at New Bath Hotel and Spa
Ranked #17 of 19 things to do in Matlock Bath
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I stayed with my wife and baby daughter for one night in what was described as a family room in the west wing of the hotel. To call it a family room is very misleading with two double beds squeezed into a double sized room.

The room itself was dirty, with pubic hair in the bath, stains on the sheets, a glass with cigarette butts on the balcony and rubbish around the room. When asking if we could move to even a smaller room we were told it was fully booked. Something I genuinely doubt as we only saw one other family in the entire wing.

The ‘garden view’ looked into the empty swimming pool, dilapidated outbuildings, derelict children’s play area and tennis courts. It looks like something from Chernobyl!

Had food at the restaurant which was pleasant, with good service and polite staff. The remainder of the hotel looked well maintained but the area we were in looks fit for demolition. Would never stay here again

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Visited The New Bath when they first opened see previous pictures.
Today visited the bar furniture has all changed and bad red banqueting chairs have been put in there ,
argh very very bad, looked horrible in that area.
Sat outside had a glass of Chardonnay and ice cream for my companion,this was nice, until I got the bill,
for no view except of the car park £9.00 was keen for wine which I have had better and £3.00 for ice cream.
Mmm no will not be back soon !!

1  Thank LindaM42
Reviewed 13 May 2018

The Girls in the spa were great and my husband and I had a really lovely 55 mins massage followed by the steam room and hot tub. The hotel however....
* Nothing to say what time you checked in or out,
* The TV did not work (in fact the buttons on the remote for channels were volume!).
* When people walked past in the corridor it made the cups chink and there was a lot of dust.
* The outdoor pool was being refurbished... for the last 7 years!
* The meal was overpriced with my sirloin being chewy & my husband had to get up and get his wine to serve himself.

There is a new Manager who promises that she has seen these issues and is addressing that

1  Thank HevNChrisPike
Reviewed 8 April 2018

I met a girlfriend at the New Bath Hotel spa for the day, to relax and catch up. We were both very impressed with the facilities (clean, uncrowded, relaxing), the service (nothing was too much trouble for the staff) and the facials we had (bliss - Victoria you worked wonders!).
We both went for an £89 package, including use of the spa, one treatment and a 2 course lunch. The food was superb - we shared a goats cheese starter, had steak/ sea bream for our mains and shared a rose, pear and panacotta dessert.
We never felt rushed during our visit and every member of staff we came into contact with was polite and super helpful, such as when our lunch dessert was instantly re-arranged to be served late afternoon to avoid clashing with our facials! We both had a lovely day and would like to return. I'd definitely recommend a visit!