“Tasty food, lovely ambiance”
Review of Old Stone House

Old Stone House
Cuisines: French, Irish
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I went with my friend last Friday (27th April). It was my first visit & I was pleasantly surprised with the whole experience . There is a lovely bar area with open fire where we had a drink awaiting our table. We browsed the menu & placed our dinner order from there. We chose the option of starter & main offer for €22. To be perfectly honest I wasn’t expecting a lot as I’m vegetarian & with my husband being a chef, my standards are quite high! I was pleasantly surprised, the food was very tasty & well presented. The restaurant was very quiet that evening, it had a lovely candle lit calming atmosphere. The staff were very friendly & attentive. I would highly recommend this restaurant for anyone passing through or living within driving distance

1  Thank Carol B

Reviewed 16 April 2018

We were visiting as a small group of 6 friends, on arrival received a lovely warm welcome into a lovely bar seating area, we noticed a couple of larger groups ready to also have a good night...I must say I was anticipating either a long wait or not brilliant service /food ! But how wrong could I have been ALL our meals were gorgeous so well cooked and beautifully presented....service was lovely,kind and with great humour and hospitality.
Would heartily recommend and thank you to all

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Went out for a meal here and it was fantastic from start to finish, lovely cosy waiting area where you can enjoy drinks and read menus before begin seated at your table. food was beautifully served was quick and fabulous. will definetly return.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff, and lovely food. The restaurant decor and atmosphere is very inviting . Will definitely visit again and recommend. Great for children also.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Visited here with my partner for our evening meal. The restaurant is beautiful and the staff are very welcoming. I don't know how we managed it but we had room for 3 courses. We had fried cheese and brushetta for starter, we ordered chicken and steak for our mains. And to top it off we had panocotta and cheesecake for desserts....really nice food, couldn't help but share to make sure we tried everything. We also had the opportunity to speak with the owners, really sound people. Will certainly visit again. It was quiet when we arrived for early dinner on Friday, however I can see this being a popular spot and getting busier over Christmas...may be worth to make a booking in advance. Highly recommend this restaurant.