“Sea, Surf, Food, Beach, Activities, Clean...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Lotus65
Rocky Point, New York
“Nice House in Central Location”
Reviewed 13 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

My husband, son and I stayed in Casa Buena Vida for one week in July. This was our fifth trip to Costa Rica and second time in Santa Teresa. We've rented many houses over the years because it's more private, better than getting two hotel rooms (we're actually a family of five but two stayed home this time) and we like being able to eat some of our meals in. I wouldn't call the house luxurious or extravagant, but it has everything you need, and it's close to the town (it's actually pretty much in the heart of the town) and beach.

PROS:

Short walk to beach - the house is situated on the corner of the main road and a beach access road.

Close proximity to restaurants and groceries (grocery store right across the street).

The property manager, Brett, was very helpful and attentive, checking in by email every few days to see how we were doing.

Nice, large pool.

AC in bedrooms.

Wifi - it worked pretty well and enabled to keep my teenage son in touch with his girlfriend :), although it didn't work in his bedroom.

Pretty, well-kept grounds - there was a groundskeeper on the premises most days.

Housekeeping - a housekeeper came and cleaned every other day.

Security - a security guard was on the premises from from early evening until the next morning, so we always felt safe.

CONS:

NOISY! I had read the reviews before renting this house and knew it was not going to be quiet, but I wasn't prepared for how noisy it was actually going to be. I found it impossible to relax outside because trucks, cars, quads and motorcycles were constantly going by. It was pretty loud in the house too, even during the night which made sleeping was difficult at times. Thankfully the AC in the bedrooms did drown out the noise a little. The nights that it rained were also quieter.

AC only in bedrooms - I see now that this is listed in the amenities, but somehow I missed it. It can get hot in Santa Teresa. The sea breeze does not reach the house through the trees. Our first day was very hot and it was very uncomfortable in the main part of the house. Luckily, it either cooled down after that or we acclimated to the temperature and it wasn't so bad.

Lack of privacy - while the grounds and pool were kept nice and we felt very safe with the security guard at night, it was a little unsettling to have people walking around the property all the time. The pool guy was there in the morning, the security guard was there at night and the groundskeeper was there late afternoon/early evenings when we were coming back from whatever we did during the day. The downstairs has all large windows and sliding glass doors that have no blinds. Every now and then I'd look outside only to see someone looking back at me. Again, it made it a little hard to relax and it was a little uncomfortable.

The beds were very hard. I have back issues so I'm used to being uncomfortable while I sleep, but this time my husband even complained, and he can sleep on anything!

All in all we had a great trip. We went exploring on quads on the back roads, went to Playa Hermosa which was beautiful with calm water, went to Curu Wildlife Refuge and we did a lot of laying on the beach. We saw tons of monkeys and other wildlife. While the house is suitable, I probably wouldn't recommend it unless you really don't mind noise and can deal with the cons I listed. If we do ever go back to the area, I would probably want to stay more north where it's a lot quieter.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
surfgrind
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Sea, Surf, Food, Beach, Activities, Clean, Hospitality - this place has it all”
Reviewed 21 April 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

Great place, large roomy , private. great pool, walking distance to beach (short), walking to town, although we drove most of the time. Activities we did: surfing, horse back riding, walking the beach, running the beach, driving tours, eating, eating and drinking. Great place for five adults to lounge, wifi when necessary, swim, nap, read, cook, surf, dance. Great recommendations came from the manager Brett. We asked and he pointed us in the right direction EVERY time.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: big spacious place that let us all have room to spread out.
Liked least: can't really think of any
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Router-gu...
“A little bit of heaven in Pura Vida”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

A very comfortable house to stay at while in Santa Teresa. A two minute walk to the beach (end of road). The owner's description of the house is very accurate. Easy for surfers, beach goers, etc. Pool is great. House is very open design. Bedrooms are air conditioned, and can be made freezing cold if you need. Kitchen is stocked with every possible gadget, and stove and refrigerator are top notch. Restaurants are also great.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Hermosa Beach, California
Reviewed 31 May 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The house!
Liked least: The time to get there from LA.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
NYC
Reviewed 11 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Month
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing