“Best Day EVER!!!”

Mountain Air Scenic Flights Day Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Come and fly around the stunning volcanic peaks, Tongariro, Ngauruhoe and Ruapehu! Inspect the colourful Blue, Emerald, Crater and Tama Lakes and all of the spectacular craters on show! Learn about the cultural heritage, history, fascinating geology and biology of this region! Make your stay here even more memorable and come and take a flight with us! Let our team look after you and show you the world through our eyes! It’s a fantastic way to view the breathtaking volcanic scenery of Tongariro National Park, Dual World Heritage Area!
Cobram, Victoria, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best Day EVER!!!”
Reviewed 26 August 2016

As residents of National Park my friend and I have had the pleasure of doing all of the amazing things this National Park has to offer. As a treat for ourselves we went out with Mountain Air and had teh most amazing time. It was teh absolute pinnacle of my two years in New Zealand. The guides were super friendly and very informative (as a Geologist I can be cristical but they exceeded my expectations). The views were spectacular and totally worth it! I cannot recommend this experience enough.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Breathtaking views of the peaks”
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

The most fabulous scenic flight I have ever had the opportunity to take bar none. Our pilot Tony was the perfect guide to the history and best views to be found of the awesome volcanic peaks. We stopped by to check the prices for a flight and we're delighted by the value for money offered and immediately booked our flight and we're airborne 20 minutes later. Superb!!

Kentucky
“More than worth it!”
Reviewed 7 August 2016

Oliver provided an absolutely smooth flight this afternoon for gorgeous views! I couldn't have asked for a better experience and would highly recommend it to anyone considering it. I stopped by and was able to go with another couple girls that were going up in less than an hour! Thank you, again, Oliver!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“No booking made ”
Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

This was highlight of our day. Called in on our way past and we were booked on the next flight, informative and professional.

Visited July 2016
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“All I Can Say is WOW!”
Reviewed 23 June 2016

This was a major highlight of our trip to New Zealand. The scenery on this flight was so breathtaking I had no words to describe it! The pilot was fantastic, very professional and knowledgeable about the park, its history and heritage. Months later, I am still awestruck at my photographs from the flight. I highly recommend doing this flight early in the morning; we flew up at 9:00, and there were no clouds and we had perfect views of the entire park, all three summits, and could see all the way out to Mt. Taranaki on the west coast. And the highlight of the flight was staring into the crater of Mt. Nguarahoe; we were so close it was almost unnerving! The crater lakes were so beautiful, and the colors and landscape just amazing. An absolutely MUST DO if you are in Tongariro National Park.

Visited February 2016