“heaven on earth”
Review of Kamahi Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Otorohanga
Kamahi Cottage
Ranked #1 of 4 Otorohanga B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“heaven on earth”
Reviewed 27 May 2016

was lucky enough to have a stay here in may 2016 - only one night but a place of timeless beauty and incredible peace
liz and evan were warm and welcoming, intelligent hostess and host - very gracious and so very interested in us and our comfort
amazing gourmet food in the lodge and greeting with warm home baked chocolate chip cookies!!
happened to stay night of full moon and we all went outside and enjoyed the night sky after the best dinner we had all during our 10 day tour of new zealand
will return for longer stay

Room Tip: loft for my college age daughters and i slept like a baby on the convertible sofa
Green Features: thoughtful, studied environmentallly friendly set-up
  • Stayed May 2016, travelled with family
Elisabeth C, Owner at Kamahi Cottage, responded to this review, 29 May 2016
Thank you! We so enjoyed your company. Please do come back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed 5 May 2016

My family of four had the most amazing stay here. The cottage and property are beyond beautiful. I spend so much time enjoying the gardens and sitting in the hammocks with a glass of wine. Liz is the ultimate hostess, we were warmly welcomed and cared for. My only regret is we stayed just for one night. I hope to visit this enchanting cottage again for a longer stay.

• Stayed December 2015, travelled with family
Elisabeth C, Owner at Kamahi Cottage, responded to this review, 9 May 2016
I must remember to follow your tip and go and sit in the hammock with a glass of wine! Thanks so much for your review. I hope we meet again.
Reviewed 25 April 2016

We spent 2 nights at Kamahi Cottage during our Honeymoon in New Zealand. We chose to stay in the Otorhanga area since it is near the Waitomo Glow Worm Caves. There are not many nice hotel options in the area, so I was thrilled when I came across this 5 star rated B&B. I emailed to get more information on the cottage and Liz responded to my email within hours. I was incredibly impressed at how responsive Liz was to all of my emails and questions. I don't think an email went more than 8 hours without being responded to.

The pictures of the cottage do not do it justice. It is a beautiful space and the perfect getaway from the hustle and bustle of Auckland, where we had most recently been staying. When we arrived at the cottage there was chocolate cake waiting for us on the table and a lemon tart waiting in the refrigerator. Both were excellent. After driving and doing some hiking on the day we arrived we loved being able to sit back and enjoy relaxing in the cottage. At night it was incredibly peaceful and quiet and since there is minimal ambient light we were able to see more stars than I am used to seeing. We live in the busy San Francisco Area in California so this quiet farm getaway was incredible!

Both mornings Liz made us breakfast and brought it over to the cottage. We had the option to dine in the main house or dine privately in the cottage, and since it was our honeymoon we opted for the latter. The food was very tasty. She is a fabulous cook!

For the remainder of our honeymoon we stayed only at hotels. My husband kept commenting that he missed the cottage. It was so nice to have the extra space of the downstairs living area separate from our bedroom. We also liked how quiet and peaceful it was there. We truly were able to unwind and relax.

I cannot say enough about how beautiful the cottage is and how kind and accommodating our hosts, Liz and Evan, were. I hope we make it back to New Zealand at some point in our lifetime and if we do I would love to stay at the cottage again. It was one of the highlights of our trip.

• Stayed March 2016, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah C
Elisabeth C, Owner at Kamahi Cottage, responded to this review, 29 April 2016
I'm so glad we made your stay relaxing and enjoyable. You were wonderful guests!
Haslemere, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2016

An absolute delight, would love to have stayed there for longer. Beautiful cottage in idyllic peaceful surroundings, great hostess, Elisabeth's breakfast was excellent. Although this cottage was a short distance from Waitomo caves it was well worth it, the need to relax after the caving experience was provided by the comfort of the cottage.

• Stayed February 2016, travelled as a couple
Elisabeth C, Owner at Kamahi Cottage, responded to this review, 24 April 2016
Thanks very much for the kind feedback.
AZ
Reviewed 26 March 2016

We chose this B&B to get a sense of the countryside. The property was beautiful. The proprietors, Liz and Evan, were gracious and full of information about the area. The grounds were magnificent, casual and breathtaking. We stayed in the 'cottage, which was a guest house next to the main house; the sleeping area is upstairs. The next morning we went to the main house for a delicious breakfast. Driving up the driveway was interesting as it is a narrow road and being from the USA, we were already challenged driving on the opposite side of the road. I recommend this B&B for a delightful getaway from city life. Liz and Evan were wonderful!

Room Tip: The room is a guest house.
Green Features: Very clean and charming . The sleeping quarters are on the second floor.
  • Stayed March 2016, travelled as a couple
Elisabeth C, Owner at Kamahi Cottage, responded to this review, 30 March 2016
Thank you so much for staying and sharing your thoughts...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Otorohanga
17.6 km away
18.4 km away
Waitomo Top 10 Holiday Park
Waitomo Top 10 Holiday Park
#1 of 5 in Waitomo Caves

Been to Kamahi Cottage? Share your experiences!