Review Highlights
Floatation Pods

What an experience, from the check in at the day spa to the great explanation of how the pods work... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
982aimeeg
Just wow

Magical experience. My wife and I did the Lost World tour. Great mix of physical challenge and... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago

from US$117.67
from US$40.70
from US$58.46
1,545 results
All reviews lost world haggas honking holes hour epic ladder climb tumu tumu toobing new zealand glow worms hour tour fear of heights free photos an adventure amazing experience great adventure comfort zone felt safe great pictures thanks guys
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 March 2019 via mobile

2 words: DO IT!
We spent days deciding whether to spend the money and do the Lost World Epic 7 hour tour and we are so glad we did it!

We had Craig and Deni as our guides who were super knowledgable, they gave us plenty of options throughout the day to ensure we were comfortable with what we were doing.
Food and drink stops throughout the day and a really good bbq at the end.

We thought the cave may have lots of man made features to enable the tour, but you really are seeing the cave exactly how it is with the odd rope for safety.
If you are even considering the tour, book it!

Reviewed 10 March 2019

My husband and I ended up being the only people on this tour, so we got a private experience! Our guides, Deni and Gareth, were wonderful - so personable and fun, knowledgeable and friendly. It was a great day! Abseiling down 100m was so amazing and beautiful, and the cave itself was indescribable. If you are on the fence about this tour (it is quite expensive!) it was one of the highlights of our trip!

Date of experience: February 2019
1  Thank Kimmy B
Reviewed 9 March 2019 via mobile

Did the Lost World Epic 7 hr caving adventure and loved every part of it.

The 100 m repel was amazing and beyond anything I have ever done before. The landscape really looked like it was the lost world, minus a few velociraptors

Loved meeting Larry the eel at our lunch site and a few others on the way into the cave. Glow worms were incredible as were the patience of the guides as I have a minor issue with heights. I did not feel rushed at all.

One minor point that would make it better would be to get some sharper shots of the trip as we are not allowed to bring our own cameras. Understandably, this can be a bit tricky in a low light situation and with smaller view screens on the cameras so a few of them was a bit blurry. If they were a bit sharper, I would have loved to have them printed and framed as the super wide shot of my group and I coming down on the ropes was amazing.

Apart from that, everything was excellent. Would recommend.

1  Thank Tam_Bam_Balam
Reviewed 9 March 2019

I did the 4 hour "Lost World" tour on March 6th, and this is one of the most fun and beautiful actitivies I have ever done! The scenery is spectaular, and you get to experience it in an immersive way.

This company felt very professional and safe. They have a base camp near the cave where you get the equipment, and the guides double check everything before you you leave that area. Our guides, Gareth and Charlie, were both excellent. They know what they are doing, and are good at explaning what to expect for each section. For the main repel, our group was broken into 2 sections with 3 guests and 1 guide each. The guides descend right along with you to make sure they can help if there are any issues. I somehow managed to get a bit of my hair caught in the carabiner (despite having it in a pony tail), and Gareth swung right over to help me get it out.

The views on the descent were beautiful and I thoughily enjoyed this part of the trip. This is probably the highlight, but there is more than just a beautiful repel! Once we were on the ground, we made our way into the cave doing some rock scrambeling and attached to saftey ropes with 2 cables on our harnesses. The guides took pictures throughout the day, and they know some good spots for pics. The pictures were really important to me as I wanted to be able to capture some of this beauty to take home as a memory. Charlie and Gareth understood that, and did a great job of capturing the beauty around us. I even requested a picture at one point that I don't think they normally take them, and they took one for me!

Once in the cave, we made our way over to some glow worms. We sat there in the pitch black with only the glow worm light for several moments, which was a great way to soak in.

It felt good to complete the 90 foot ladder climb on the way out. Where else are you ever going to climb a 90 foot ladder? And then there was still a bit of climbing and scrambling up and out of the cave, which I was happy about because I didn't want the tour to end.

To sum it up, I absolutly LOVED this tour! If you are thinking that this looks like fun, then go for it! What a neat experience.

Reviewed 7 March 2019 via mobile

There was three of us in our group which made it feel like a private encounter. After a 15 minute drive out to the cave entrance and getting changed into a wettsuit we went off into the woods to the entrance itself. Our guide Chao made the experience even more memorable with his knowledge and great sense of Humour. It was an experience to remember and I highly recommend it especially if Chao is your guide.