Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Floatation Pods

What an experience, from the check in at the day spa to the great explanation of how the pods work... read more

Reviewed today
982aimeeg
Just wow

Magical experience. My wife and I did the Lost World tour. Great mix of physical challenge and... read more

Reviewed yesterday

from US$118.69
from US$41.06
from US$58.97
1,545 results
All reviews lost world haggas honking holes hour epic ladder climb tumu tumu toobing new zealand glow worms hour tour fear of heights free photos an adventure amazing experience great adventure comfort zone felt safe great pictures thanks guys
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2019 via mobile

The 4 Hour Lost World cave exploration adventure was one of the best experiences of my life! Our guides, Craig and Ben, made double and triple sure that all of our gear and training kept us safe. All the gear was provided. Definitely wear comfortable athletic pants or shorts, a long sleeve shirt and long socks, as they recommend on the website. We had our 11 and 14 year old children with us and they loved it, even though one is fairly afraid of heights. The guides made sure everyone felt comfortable. The 100 m repel down into the cave mouth was gorgeous and fun. I am a small person so I had to work pretty hard to descend (upper body strength is helpful for this excursion). I was hoping I would experience a little more free falling but the nice thing about the slow descent is I really had time to look around and appreciate the scenery. At the bottom of the cave was a narrow, rushing stream that echoed throughout the carven. We hiked a little ways into the cave and then stopped for the other group of 4 to catch up. Personal cameras (even GoPros) are not allowed for safety reasons, but our guides
took photos along the way and they will be emailed to us for no charge. At one point, the guide stopped us so we could see and touch an eel that was hanging out in the stream (so cool!). We had a brief snack and water break (provided) and then continued the hike to a smaller side cave where we were able to sit back and gaze at thousands of glow worms. The guides gave interesting commentary about the history of the caves and the glow worm life cycle. They were able to ask every question posed about the caves and wildlife. We then ascended a 100 m metal ladder. That was. It easy! It’s a good workout! After a bit of a rest at the top, we continued hiking up to the top and out of the cave. It was a perfect adventure! It is too bad it’s not more accessible for people with mobility challenges - I wish everyone could see and experience this activity. I would definitely hire this company again and would try the 7 hour adventure next time. It was good to start with the 4 hour one, but it was so amazing and the time flew by! I can’t wait to return and experience more of the wonders of this unique place.

Reviewed 4 January 2019 via mobile

This tour was actually one of the coolest things I’ve done in my life. The staff was incredible and the experience was unforgettable. We start off learning how to use the ropes and then next repel down 300 feet into an unbelievable cave(super easy don’t worry). You walk into the cave for a while and see amazing sights such as eels, glow worms, and amazing rocks. They even give you a snack half way through and have options for those who can’t have dairy. The staff supplies you with boots and a jumpsuit and all you need to bring is long socks long (comfortable) pants and long sleeve shirt. I wish this app had a 6 star rating because I would definitely rate it 6 stars or more. Ben and Craig were our guides. Thank you guys so much for an unbelievably amazing day.

1  Thank glorialovesfood
Reviewed 4 January 2019

Abseiling 328 ft into the Waitomo Caves was amazing! The caves were super cool and challenging! Our guide was awesome! Highly recommend!!

Date of experience: December 2018
Reviewed 3 January 2019 via mobile

Iain and Scott lead us through the Lost World cave tour and come highly recommended. They are seasoned guides and highly skilled which put us at complete ease when it came to the more difficult portions of the tour. The whole Waitomo Adventures team are pleasant to deal with The admin staff even arranged us our own tour over the busy New Year to accommodate our needs which we really appreciate. The new premises are fantastic, with coffee and breakfast afterwards of a high standard. We look forward to our next adventure. ( I am keen to try the flotation tank and spa while the boys do the abseil! ;)
Robyn, Dean and Kobe

Reviewed 3 January 2019 via mobile

My 20yr old son and I really enjoyed the 4 hour Lost World trip. Guides were friendly, professional, and very safety conscious. As someone who has been a safety officer on rope rescues, I was impressed that they took their time and double-checked everything. Just a great half day!