All reviews coach holiday coach party waitress service coach driver north wales large hotel single room sea front hot water town centre cooked breakfast carol entertainment seafront snowdonia seaside
Reviewed 31 October 2018

We were here as part of a coach party for a 3 night break earlier in the month. We had read several bad reviews of this hotel but decided to go with an open mind. We are glad we did because we couldn't fault it. Our room and bathroom were clean, the towels were good quality and pure white, there was plenty of cupboard and wardrobe space for our clothes, plus a hairdryer and tea and coffee making faculties. We didn't have a sea view though and that was a shame. The meals were all waiter service but, as there were so many guests, it was sensible and saved huge queues for food. The waitresses were very helpful and there was a wide selection of food for all tastes. We always found something we liked on the menu and it was tasty and well cooked. For the price we paid we considered it good value for money. All the staff were very helpful and polite. They are there to do a job and they do it really well. So, don't be swayed by negative reviews. Go with and open mind and we are sure you will be pleasantly surprised.

Room tip: Request a sea view. You might get one.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank LoiusaMay
Reviewed 29 October 2018

Booked direct with the Hotel and they upgraded my room to a sea view room no extra cost. The staff were very friendly and helpful, I rang a couple of times prior to my stop and they were very helpful. Room was spotless, cleaned to a very high standard and had beautiful sea views. The room was lovely and warm and the bed comfortable. Slept really well no problems or issues would recommend and we are planning another trip soon.

Room tip: Ring the reception who will do their best to sort you out.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2018

This hotel is in a prime spot and a beautiful location but the staff really let this hotel down. They were really unhelpful and looked like work was the last place they wanted to be. It seemed chaotic at times and one person working both bar and reception at one point. Bar prices were also woefully overpriced

Room tip: we had a sea view but was hard to see because windows were quite small and covered with net curtains.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank janewatson2016
Carol A, Owner at Westminster Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

There is very little positives to be taken from this review, the only one being you have put your full name on it, so we know who you are. A very tall gentleman who arrived on a coach party, the last of three to arrive, on a pair of crutches, having said nothing to anyone at any time from your booking to arrival, that you would be using them. As we were full, you had been pre-allocated a third floor bedroom, next to the lift.

You returned to reception and very nastily read me the riot act about fire regulations for some 15 minutes, all of you comments being completely wrong. As we were full there was nothing I could do to move you, especially as you were at fault for not mentioning your usage of crutches to get around. Having been here for less than half an hour, a lovely couple who had asked for ground floor and been allocated ground floor, asked if they could move to a room with a bath, as theirs had a shower cubical. I went out of my way to find you and offer you their room, my cleaning staff quickly re-prepared both rooms for the swap to take place, we even offered to move your belongings. All this from unhelpful staff !!!!! Had I have known in advance I would have asked someone much nicer than you to swap.

Throughout your stay you did nothing but moan about just about everything and everyone else in the hotel. You even goaded another guest (also on crutches) to fall/trip, who reported your nasty attitude, as did two other guests who overheard you. We are not chaotic, we are busy, and most of the time we have two persons on the bar, one will only disappear to assist guests. Our prices are not expensive for a hotel, we also have a happy hour, but as you hardly used it why would you even mention it.

I am pleased you do not wish to return as I would not like you back. My hard working staff are amazing, but dealing with the British general public is getting harder and harder, people like you test everyone's patience to the maximum, and can make staff choose a different industry to work in !!! It is a shame that the other 149 people staying here at the same time as you have not placed a review, to give a fairer picture of our hotel.

Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed here in mid October and to be honest it was wonderful stay the hotel was lovely and clean, staff were so kind and helpful food was good rooms clean and comfortable. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2018 via mobile

I’ve recently stayed here with a coach party and what can I say I thoroughly enjoyed my stay!! Staff can’t do enough for you, room I was in was lovely, clean and tidy and the food was delicious! Considering what you pay on these coach trips you get a fabulous deal!!! Will definitely be going back!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends