“Over priced”

Farm Shop & Resturant
Ranked #4 of 4 Quick Bites in Holbeach
Cuisines: British
Reviewed 7 September 2021

We stopped for a coffee and toilet break. I needed the loo straight away as there was a massive queue - think we had turned up just behind a coach
However you cant use the loo until you have bought something, to then get a door code on the receipt
So we queued for what seemed like ages, and think most people were having chips as I left smelling like one
when we did finally get served with what we thought was cheap & cheerful was quite surprised that it wasn't that cheap and the coffee wasnt particularly nice.
The one thing I will say in its favor - it is far far better than the place across the road

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (158)

Reviewed 4 September 2021

Have also been using this place for years, and despite a slow decline in food quality have kept loyal. However, this has now stopped. Like most people on a jouney the reason we stopped was to use the loo, freshen up, have some food and a cuppa.
Arrived needed the loos badly, made it clear that we were going to order food only to be met with laughter when I asked can I use the loos then order. Not great customer service at all, and would have been a nightmare with kids and if there was a queue.
Moved on and within a few miles there's a roundabout with a mcdonald's and bennys diner where you can use the loo before you eat!
I also tend not to leave negative reviews but felt strongly enough to write this.
I do think they will lose a lot of trade due to the bonkers toilet policy that hasn't been thought through and seems designed to embarrass people.
As I said before I won't be visiting again and would have been a nightmare if I would have had my grandchildren with me.

Date of visit: September 2021
Reviewed 28 August 2021

As a paying customer you are entitled to use the toilet, that’s all this company expects, put yourself in their shoes, would you allow this, it’s a business that’s why people fold an go under, so pay for food and don’t give people a hard time when trying to earn an honest living

Date of visit: May 2021
4  Thank RobHayes
Reviewed 21 August 2021 via mobile

Purchased drinks just to use the loo!!! My granddaughter 8yrs, who was coming to Norwich on her holidays wanted to choose her own fruit today from the farm shop. But when we got home to Norwich we were missing some items, although I had given these to the cashier to put in the bags!!!
What a total rip off. After stopping here for many years when going away and returning home, I will not be stopping here again!!!!!!

Reviewed 7 August 2021

I have been a regular visitor to this farm cafe over the years as it has character and is independently run. This afternoon I drove past countless service areas to stop off at this one despite really needing the toilet. I asked politely if I could use the toilet before my family and I chose our drinks and food and was told I could not until I had paid. The woman at the counter was quite rude and pointed at a very lengthy notice next to the till. In desperation I ordered a tea and a coffee just so I could get the code as quickly as possible. I couldn’t read the code as I didn’t have my glasses on so my son had to help me.
We didn’t order any food as we were really annoyed and didn’t finish our drinks as they were poor quality. I appreciate that the owners don’t want passers by using their facilities without buying anything but we are genuine customers and will not come again and be treated like this.