“Can't Recommend Enough!!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Bury Tower House

The Front and Garden
The back garden Dining area/Family room
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The back garden
Dining area/Family room
One of the bedrooms
Kitchen
Rear of House with decking area
Dining Table and family area
Kitchen
Real fire place in sitting room
Sitting room
Georgian stair case
Example bedroom (cot stored off site when not in use)
Rear Garden
One of the bathrooms
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

EdThomas9
Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Can't Recommend Enough!!”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

My friends and me stayed at the house over the Easter Bank Holiday weekend, and the stay couldn't have been better.

The house is lovely, with everything you need and really comfy beds! The garden is the perfect place to sit on a sunny day - we sat out there and had a huge BBQ which was great!

The location of the property ok, but the fact there's a bus that runs directly from outside the house, right to the ferry port makes everything super easy!

I can't recommend staying at Bury Tower House enough, and I can safely say, my friends and I are all in a deep depression since leaving!

DO IT!!!

Travelling group: Friends
holiday18...
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hen Weekend!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014

We stayed here for two nights in April 2014 for my friends hen do and we all absolutely loved this place! It's by far the most reasonable and nicest place we found and I would highly recommend it. The rooms are really spacious and the whole house is beautifully decorated. Kitchen is well equipped and 4 bathrooms was perfect for a group of 18 girls!
The gardens were lovely and well kept and it felt like everything was catered for to a really high standard, definitely felt like a home away from home. Wendy the housekeeper was absolutely lovely and really accommodating.
I can't recommend this house enough for a big group, young and old! My only criticism if I were to have one was that I found the owners a little difficult to get hold of however I have seen reviews to the contrary on here and that would definitely not put me off booking this again. I was always provided with all the information I needed and overall we have all been extremely happy with the service we have received.
If you are thinking about booking this place, do it!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The house was beautiful and really spacious
Liked least: Owners not as quick to respond as I would have liked
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
fairyglee...
Walsall
“Fantastic house, location added to a great New Year Holiday”
Reviewed 20 February 2014 for a stay in December 2013

16 of us spent New Year in this property, aged from 11months to 68 years old, family and friends. This is out 10th year away for new year and this is by the best property we have ever stayed in.

The location is superb, a 10 minute walk into Gosport then across to GunWharf Quays, this was a great bonus for the shoppers amongst us. Public Transport routes are great too, which was a bonus for my dad who got as far as Brighton on the bus!

Lots of great local supermarkets, cafes and takeaways, so no need to cook all the time,

But if you did want to cook which we did often the kitchen is really well equipped, the huge dining table off the kitchen saw many nights of great food, wine and laughter, it turned out the be the heart of the house.

Good wifi and TV kept some of the younger ones occupied along with the xbox. Wifi was good enough for my husband to spend a day or two working whilst we were there.

The bedrooms are great with the owners making up each room into the correct configuration. Four bathrooms was plenty for all of us to get ready for our new year party.

The house is dog and child friendly too, safe areas for them to play, along with lots of off road parking for all of the visitors.

The owners were fantastic from enquiry to finish we will definitely be back!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Great facility and flexibility of bedroom configurations
Liked least: Nothing
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Emily G
Kingston upon Thames, United Kingdom
“Perfect Celebration getaway!”
Reviewed 8 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014

I went away with my friends to celebrate my 30th Birthday. From the large rooms and the lovely, well equipped kitchen, to the gorgeous comfy bedding this house was a dream!
The table fitted us all around to have dinner.
There were plenty of bathrooms and nice clean towels for everyone.
The best feature was the hot tub which Kate hired for us...it really took the weekend from amazing to sensational - I would definitely recommend you spend the extra to get it (the cold January weather did not put us off...even the freakish hail storms!!)
I loved the fact that we could have our two dogs there too, and the secure garden meant we could relax with the dogs running about!
This week has been so hard to struggle through, living real life after a weekend in Bury house is just not fun. My friends and I are already talking about another visit. Thank you Kate!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The size of the house and garden...and the Hot tub!
Liked least: The oven....we got pretty confused with how it worked! Could have done with an instruction manual.
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
Btulip
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Beautiful house for a perfect hen weekend”
Reviewed 12 November 2013 for a stay in November 2013

I would like to thank the owners of bury tower house for a brilliant weekend, the photos online don't do it justice it really is a beautiful house.
We had a group of 14 for the weekend the large open plan kitchen dinner meant we could all sit round and enjoy our meals together, and then all fitted comfortably into the lounge for games in the evening.
Two of the girls have said that they will book it for their friends hen do's next year.
Unfortunately we didn't have the weather to be able to make use of the garden but it would be amazing for a BBQ in the summer,
I would fully recommend it to all my friends

Your age range 18-24
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing