“Fantastic Find...Atmosphere, Coffee & Chairs - First Class!”
Review of Bowmers

Bowmers
Price range: US$29 - US$53
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in glorious Budleigh Salterton in East Devon, minutes from the Sea. We cook local meats, fish, seafood and vegetarian food in a contemporary and Mediterranean influenced style. Our restaurant is comfortable, modern and atmospheric. Light and airy by day, candlelit and atmospheric at night. Welcoming and friendly and setting out to deliver terrific customer service.
Reviewed 3 May 2018

I arrived in lovely Budleigh Salterton, and popped in for a Coffee...I was greeted by welcoming smiles and warmth, I had chosen the right place.
The decor is contemporary and stylish, and lends itself perfectly to a relaxed, upmarket foodie find..I was not disappointed!
The Coffee was delicious (I had a latte) and to top it off the stylish eames chairs were comfortable, relaxing and appropriate. I was told they have many live music events and gourmet pizza nights...I will certainly return for one of these!!
A big thumbs up from me...I just wish I lived a little closer!

Jan E, Director at Bowmers, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Alex, thank you so much for leaving us such a great review. We are lucky to have a terrific team of people at Bowmers, who (for some strange reason) seem to love their job! We wished you lived closer as well. Our next pizza and jazz night is on Thursday 14th June with a night of Paella and live Spanish guitar music on Thursday 21st June. Get all the news from our website. By the way could you not consider moving closer to us? Thank you again and with best wishes from Jan and The Bowmers Team

Reviewed 30 April 2018

very hard chairs and never sure what they are trying to do. Food is reasonable but not sure when they are actually open

1  Thank Robert M
Jan E, director at Bowmers, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Hello there and thanks for bothering to leave us a review. I am glad that you are found the food reasonable at least. Just to help clarify. We are trying and I am pleased to say seem to be succeeding in running a restaurant. Our opening times on our menus which are displayed outside the door and are of course on our website and any other marketing collateral. We open during the day 7 days a week from 10 until 2 and then for dinner from Wednesday night through to Saturday night. During the day we serve coffee and cakes plus stuff like gourmet toasties and light lunch and lunch time specials. Dinner in the evening in alc. We also have live music nights and such like. Hope this helps. As for the chairs being hard - it's not often I am lost for words but I am... With best wishes from Jan and The Bowmers team

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Second time we have eaten here and been very happy both times. I had the excellent crab soufflé followed by monkfish. The monkfish dish was a generous portion of fish, flavoursome and reasonably priced. Service friendly and attentive. Will return as we are local.

Jan E, Director at Bowmers, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Good, I am glad that you had a great time at Bowmers. Thank you so much for your review - we will try hard to make the 5 star on your next visit. We are full into the lobster season now so do come long and try that out. All best wishes from the Bowmers Team.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I enjoyed tea and cake yesterday morning in Bowmers yesterday. The cakes were delicious, the staff friendly, it was a really light and airy modern space and it was dog friendly to boot. So many of the other places we walked past in East Budleigh did not allow dogs. A great find.

Jan E, Director at Bowmers, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Thank you so very much for leaving us a review. Its great to hear that you enjoyed your time at Bowmers. Come back and try out a meal in the evening. We have a full a la carte menu and some fab seafood if that's your thing. Look forward to seeing you again soon. All best wishes from Jan and The Bowmers Team

Reviewed 16 March 2018

I realise that the Crab Soufflé is the signature dish of the chef but it was superb. The fish pie was also one I would recommend. Plenty of contents. There were no complaints regarding the Salmon. I would have given this restaurant 5 stars but for very slow service

Jan E, Director at Bowmers, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Really sorry that the service was slow but very pleased that you enjoyed the food. Thank you so much for bothering to leave us a review. We always keep an eye and try and offer service an appropriate base but it seems to be that we failed for you on this occasion.
Hope that you make it back to Bowmers sometime soon. Jan and The Bowmers Team