“Fantastic Find...Atmosphere, Coffee & Chairs - First Class!”
Review of Bowmers

Bowmers
Price range: US$29 - US$53
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located in glorious Budleigh Salterton in East Devon, minutes from the Sea. We cook local meats, fish, seafood and vegetarian food in a contemporary and Mediterranean influenced style. Our restaurant is comfortable, modern and atmospheric. Light and airy by day, candlelit and atmospheric at night. Welcoming and friendly and setting out to deliver terrific customer service.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I arrived in lovely Budleigh Salterton, and popped in for a Coffee...I was greeted by welcoming smiles and warmth, I had chosen the right place.
The decor is contemporary and stylish, and lends itself perfectly to a relaxed, upmarket foodie find..I was not disappointed!
The Coffee was delicious (I had a latte) and to top it off the stylish eames chairs were comfortable, relaxing and appropriate. I was told they have many live music events and gourmet pizza nights...I will certainly return for one of these!!
A big thumbs up from me...I just wish I lived a little closer!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

very hard chairs and never sure what they are trying to do. Food is reasonable but not sure when they are actually open

1  Thank Robert M
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Second time we have eaten here and been very happy both times. I had the excellent crab soufflé followed by monkfish. The monkfish dish was a generous portion of fish, flavoursome and reasonably priced. Service friendly and attentive. Will return as we are local.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I enjoyed tea and cake yesterday morning in Bowmers yesterday. The cakes were delicious, the staff friendly, it was a really light and airy modern space and it was dog friendly to boot. So many of the other places we walked past in East Budleigh did not allow dogs. A great find.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

I realise that the Crab Soufflé is the signature dish of the chef but it was superb. The fish pie was also one I would recommend. Plenty of contents. There were no complaints regarding the Salmon. I would have given this restaurant 5 stars but for very slow service