See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was part of a large group which stayed in Ribeira for one week. I have never experienced any service or hospitality which was as good as here.
The food was amazing, especially the breakfast. The spa facilities were great. But the best thing about this place is the staff, George the manager is a great character.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
GlobeTrotting819571, Diretor de vendas at Ribeira Collection Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Mark,

Thank you for staying with us.

Even though you came with a group, we hope you can visit us any other time for your holidays.

We would like to thank you for your lovely review about us.

Kindest Regards,
Ribeira Collection Hotel

Reviewed 25 October 2015

In all my years of extensive travel, this was a first for me. I had reserved 2 rooms there for 1 night. While I was visiting Spain, hours before my expected arrival @ the hotel in Northern Portugal, I received a phone call from them telling me they were closed for renovations! No further explanations and no follow up on their part. I asked about other locations and they suggested 1 place when asked they told me it was quite inferior to their hotel. I did not accept the referral. After my arrival in Arcos I found the Ribeira Hotel closed. It appeared from the outside it needed to be closed. With the assistance of a friend I was able to secure 2 rooms @ a small hotel called Hotel Isabel.Nothing fancy quite the contrary, quite old, di not appear to be a typical hotel form the exterior, but the rooms were fine.Tile and marble with plenty of hot water and fresh linens. Although the towels were a bit on the rough side. The hotel is convieniently located right in the center of town.. It has a restaurant offering breakfast lunch and dinner.The rooms were half the price. As for the Ribeira Hotel, I still cannot believe they waited until only hours before my scheduled arrival time to notify me. No apology, nothing, not even a follow up call or letter. If I did not have a friend who was from there originally, I would not have secured a room. There was no transportation out of there until the next day. I think you can appreciate where my stress level was at, during that time. The Ribeira is not a place you want to become involved with. I Don't know what their problems are, it does not make a difference, there is no way to justify what they did.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank loismaguire
Reviewed 21 February 2015 via mobile

The rooms are spacious, but the air is humid in Arcos and you can notice that in the room as well. The bathroom and furnishings need a bit of updating. Breakfast could be more diversified, but they inaugurated their restaurant just on the day we left, so maybe now it's better. Some of the rooms are renovated, hopefully all of them will be soon. The location is great and the staff is very helpful and kind.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank klmonika
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Nice room with a balcony, you could see the fish swimming in the river. Great breakfast, wifi in lobby and walking distance to town. Luckily my boyfriend was fluent in Portuguese, it's not a huge tourist area.

Room Tip: Rooms with a balcony are an extra 10 euros but totally worth it.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank wyxie
Reviewed 18 November 2012

My favorite thing about this hotel it's the location: Right on the river!
We had a nice room with a gorgeous view, with A/C and quite confortable.
Breakfast was a bit disapointing and staff was not the friendliest we've seen.
Parking available.