See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 June 2016

Maria,Maria,Maria need I say more? Maria the keeper of the inn was amazing, from the first second to the final good bye her attention to detail was far above and beyond anything we received the rest of our stay in Italy. Our only regret was not making this unbelievable spot our final destination. My mother in laws luggage was lost by delta and contained her entire wardrobe for the destination wedding we were attending. Maria called and called as well as faxed and faxed delta.Her perservarience paid off. The luggage arrived on day 4 ,the night before the wedding.Maria stayed at the bed and breakfast while we were at the rehearsal dinner. Not a big deal right? Wrong....... The luggage was delivered at 11pm. She became part of our family and made us feel important. I was so not impressed by what the rest of Italy had to offer however should the opportunity again present itself to return to Italy "LaFattoria di Tatti will for sure be an extended stay for us. Maria and her staff were so friendly and accommodating I felt that every wish was granted. I mentioned that I like goat cheese and wala from the next morning on " goat cheese" . Marias knowledge of the local region was tested over and over again by our needs. If you are traveling to Tuscany make sure you check this place out. Thank you Maria. Gratzi,gratzi,gratzi

Room Tip: I looked at all of the rooms and there is not a bad room in the bunch. Best nights sleep I've had in years !!!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Mariaantoinette, Responsabile reception at La Fattoria di Tatti, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2016

Dear John,

thank you so much for your kind review.
Every guest should feel at home, therefore we are really happy to read your words.
It was a plaesure to meet you and all your family, we hope to welcome you another time in Tatti!

Kind regards from all of us!

Reviewed 12 June 2015

Lovely B&B in small town accessed via narrow winding roads (from every direction). Maria, our hostess, was very friendly and being Swiss speaks fluent English, Italian, German and French. The property is on the top 2 floors of 4 storey building with no lift so you do need to be able to carry luggage up stairs. On arrival we were given tea and biscuits on the balcony. Our room was large, airy and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent, with a huge range of homemade jams and relishes, really fresh bread, good coffee, fresh fruit and more. Maria helped with dinner recommendations and bookings and also directions when needed. We loved the peaceful setting and could easily have stayed longer than our 3 nights

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We booked for one night- it was above our normal budget- but within a few minutes had decided to stay there for all four nights, partly because of the calm, historic beauty of the house but mainly because of the warm welcome we received from Maria. She is an exceptional person who seems genuinely pleased to see guests and treats you as if you have been friends for ages, but without being intrusive. But it is also an idyllic house in a stupendous location. As Maria says, if you are going to do bed and breakfast you need to concentrate on a good bed and a good breakfast and certainly she has achieved that. Her attention to detail is acute and really there is nothing more to add to the other positive reviews. Go- you will not be disappointed, I am sure.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2013

It is a great plact to stay a couple of days: wonderful view, very quiet small town with historical buildings; nice, clean & spacious rooms. Very well managed B&B - far better than normal hotels while you can enjoy th hospitality of local Italin family. Best all, the manager's English is perfect:) You'll know how important it is when traveling in Italy:) Well, you would just regret that you don't have enough time there!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Psyche_3
Mariaantoinette, Direttore at La Fattoria di Tatti, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

Thank you for the wonderful words about Fattoria. It was so lovely having you here - even though it was for a short visit. We were honored to share in the beginnings of your new life together. Hope to see you again. Ciao.

Maria & Fabio

Reviewed 12 August 2012

I stayed with my 10 year old son for 10 days at the Fattoria just this past July. What a fabulous experience in Western Tuscany. The hotel is lovely, the breakfast delicious but most of all the care that Maria, the manager, gave us was exceptional. She happily made reservations, gave directions and helped with any problem that we needed solving. Her mastery of the Italian language helped me when I ran into a bank issues. She took care of the largest and smallest of problems and never a moan. The hotel at the time was completely full but not once did you feel any request was too much.
The nearby restaurant was exceptional. I go to Italy almost every Summer and this was simply one of the best places I've ever eaten in. Also, right below the hill the restaurant sits on is a small soccer field where the kids would play a bit as the grownups had starters.
For families, this town is particularily good in that it is 30 minutes from the sea, 15 minutes from a beautiful volcanic lake and has a small playground next to the hotel as well as the small soccer field. For families who want more fun, there are two water parks within close range. The nearer one in Follonica (which just opened just this year) was better and closer than the other in Cecina.(though the Cecina one had many more slides)
Another great thing about this location is that it is 50 minutes from Siena. Siena is a gorgeous tuscan town and quite manageable on foot. Even though it is technically a big city..it feels small
My friends and I had a wonderful time in Tatti and this really all came down to Maria, the restaurant and the comfortable room that we had. THANK YOU FOR A GREAT TRIP!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family