All reviews beautiful view wanted somewhere room was spacious yogurt balcony cheese lake town castle
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We are travelling on our motorbikes, all around the Alps and booked our rooms 2 hrs before we arrived. We had a very warm welcome and were blown away by the location and superb views of the lake.
They have own car park which was great for our Bikes and walking distance to the lake and town.
After a drink on the terrace, we quickly decided we would stay an extra night.
Breakfast was your normal Italian fare, cold meats, cheese, boiled eggs, yoghurts and cakes...great coffee too. We had a meal in the restaurant in the evening which was fabulous!! All 4 of us had something different and was suitably impressed.
Nothing was too much trouble and a special mention for Marco, who was the star of the show⭐️!!! He bent over backwards to make our visit a pleasurable one. He obviously enjoys his job.
We will be back.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We could not have asked for anything more. The room was spacious, deck over lake...amazing, restaurant delicious, service perfect. I ran along the lake my husband had a great ride. I would definitely return.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

I most likely this hotel due to its location. The view from your room balcony was really good. You can see the lake and San Carlo family castle. Room was small but clean and all the required amenities was there . Their checkin timing is after 2pm so you will not get room prior to that..

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2018

This hotel was a disaster from beginning to end. I emailed them directly for a room with a view on the lake. They responded that there was availability and gave me a price. They requested my credit card to hold the room. I called them and gave my card number over the phone to the owner's mother, I gave her my phone number and I told her that they also had my email address. When we arrived late afternoon the owner told me that they no longer have a room with a view since I did not respond to his email and he was not sure if I was still interested. I told him that he had my credit card number so to me that was a confirmation. He offered us another room with a discount of euro 20. I told him that I prefer paying the higher amount and wanted a view. He said that was impossible. Tired from the drive from Switzerland, I accepted the other room. He gave us a small room overlooking the side of the hotel with a horrible view and dead bugs by the window. Went and asked for a different room. He switched us to a room overlooking the road which was noisy & with cracks in the walls. I would have switched to another hotel but unfortunately all of the better hotels are closed during the winter months. That's the only reason I booked the San Carlo since my favorite hotel in Stresa was closed. After a few hours, we saw that there were about 10 live bugs in the bathroom. I called reception and someone came up to get rid of them while we were at dinner. We ate in their restaurant since we were tired but that was also a disappointment. Too expensive for the small portions that you get,
Following morning we wanted to check out to get to the airport. Went down just before 9 AM, the owner's mother was there but she could not check us out. Embarrassed for her son, she kept calling him but he did not arrive until an hour later. Very unprofessional. Another couple was also waiting to check out and they finally gave up and left. The whole experience with this hotel was frustrating and I would never stay there again. I was in Stresa August 2017, stayed at a beautiful 4 star hotel for only Euro 50 more than what San Carlo charged. Pay the extra money and go to a better hotel.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2017

We arrived at a most unfortunate time, right in the middle of a large wedding reception.
However despite being rushed off their feet the staff were welcoming and courteous.
We had a very nice room with balcony and magnificent views overlooking the lake, and once the hubbub of the reception had subsided it was quiet and peaceful.
We wanted somewhere for two nights out of Arona but with lake views,and this could not have been better.There is a private parking area next to the hotel.
The restaurant enjoys lakeviews and the food was excellent although the menu was somewhat limited.

Date of stay: May 2017