All reviews hotel is located stayed here for nights lovely hotel min walk sorrento town pizza pupils di terrace piano taxis
Reviewed 19 September 2017

My partner and I were excited to stay at this hotel but it was a waste.
Reception staff were excellent and were always ready to help, room had a bad leak in the bathroom as we checked in but was repaired immediately.
Their restaurant which serves dinner has a beautiful view, so we decided to dine one night. What followed was our worst nightmare ever. Firstly although we had made the booking we were still not welcomed in a polite way. We were made to sit on a table which wasn't set. After keeping the menus on the table both servers did not return for 20 mins, finally I had to wave and call them. Drinks were served, but wine (I ordered a bottle) wasn't poured. Reason why I am mentioning is because I saw other tables being served the wine in glass.
While five other tables had two bread baskets each on the table, we didn't get any, a table who came after 30 mins of our arrival got greeted with two bread baskets right upon arrival. We waited for the food and were still watching the two servers going on all tables pouring wine and actually refilling the bread baskets.
I then called one of the servers and asked for some bread as we were the only ones who were not served, he made a big face and came back with a small portion of bread doing us a favor.
Food arrived in chipped plates, while my partner found hair in her fish my Risotto smelt so bad that I didn't even taste it.
Not even once we were asked that why we did not have the food, there was no concern shown and the uneaten plates were taken away.
We were the only Asian couple amongst all others who were dining and to this point I very well understood that these waiters did not care.
We later met the chef in the lobby who apparently was the owner, he apologized and explained to us that these two waiters look after their regular guests very well as they get good tips from them. I was shocked to hear him saying this, if only the restaurant staff were as good as receptionist this hotel can be a nice place to stay. I would never ever return.

Room Tip: Book rooms on the first floor as they have balconies, at least mine had one!!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

I don't understand why many people go overboard on accommodation, a hotel room is somewhere you sleep, wash and get changed. It's what you do with the rest of your time what counts. The hotel has an excellent spa, a roof sunbathing area that's seen better days and an outside jacuzzi with really comfortable sun beds. Views over bay are amazing from the roof and terraces. Breakfast is continental. Negatives: the room had ants and the window couldn't open unless I took the blind off, there was a terrace which we couldn't use, unless we climbed out of the window. Taxis to Sorrento ranged from 25-55 euros depending on the time of day, the train station is 700 meters away, it's about 1.70 euros for a single trip. Beach is really handy. Would I return? No probably not, was it the worst? No, we made the most of our 4 days there

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

This hotel is horrendous. Avoid at all costs unless you're not bothered about being comfortable or staring at dated wallpaper whilst laying on the hardest bed I've ever felt. We were on our honeymoon and explained to our agent that we needed somewhere comfortable and close by to amenities. The hotel is a 15 minute up hill walk to a train station which you have to use if you want to go into sorrento. It is the most dated place ever. Not even a bin in the rooms. The bed was like a plank of wood, no headboard, nothing. The windows don't open and the air con in pathetic. The hot tub was disgusting, full of mould and mud! Breakfast was a roll!! I would advice avoiding this place at all costs.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mjsmith89
Reviewed 16 June 2017

the Hotel is located a little bit far from the center but is worth it. the view in the room was breathtaking, really safe, they provide with a parking garage for 10euros a night. the staff was really friendly, very relaxing hotel, our next visit will be in the same hotel for sure. the distance wasn't that far from the Marina Grande about 12 minutes in car.

Room Tip: this Hotel is worth the distance.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

This hotel specialises in group bookings, particularly school groups. It seems that whilst the hotel are trying to attract the tour operators to become part of the hotel group, they are good. As time goes on however, their standards drop as they find evermore ingenious ways to maximise profit at our expense. I found this to be the case with another hotel in Sorrento, and therefore moved to this one. However, after a 2 year break from Naples I will once again be looking for new accommodation.

The view from the dining room is amazing. The hotel reception staff are genuinely friendly and helpful, the restaurant staff go through the motions but would rather you were not there.
The plug sockets are strange, the adapters are not always standard European Sonne prepared to buy one for the electrical shop across the road. Also, trying to get it working requires it to be pushed in at a certain angle and pressure, finding something to wedge there to keep it plugged in. Why is this?
Where this hotel has dropped standards is in the restaurant, which I think warrants a separate review. Breakfast was horrendous, the same cornflakes in bowls unwashed all week after 100s of school children had their hands in it. The croissants were dry, stale and tasteless. Only basic coffee available I the coffee machine, which especially considering it is Italy, was poor. Evening meal every night consisted of under cooked pasta starter, then over cooked meat with nude cooked chips. Chips were replaced on the last night by lettuce covered in vinegar. We had 3 members of the group requiring Halal, so we're offered vegetarian as Halal apparently does not exist in this part of Italy. Every night they had to be reminded and on the last night they showed such disrespect it was embarrassing. Undercooked pasta with ham was again served to everyone. Again I reminded them of our dietary requirements. They clearly took the pasta into the kitchen and somehow wiped the ham from it. After eating one member pointed out that ham was still on it.
Overall, apart from the food, the hotel served a purpose. I would reluctantly come here again if no suitable alternative in the area could be found but would look for alternative places to eat.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business