“Rather small for the price”

Nungwi Natural Aquarium
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Well, if you consider the entrance fee as a support to the organisation, then it is fine. Otherwise you won´t see much.

All reviews
"great place to visit"
in 3 reviews
"conservation project"
in 5 reviews
"support the local community"
"red fish"
"amazing experience"
"seaweed"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Injured turtles, mainly green backed are brought to this sanctuary for rehabilitation. Excellent work done by volunteers and deserve accolades.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

We had a fantastic fun time with the turtles. However, today I am feeling really sick and I'm wondering whether anyone else has also had this after swimming with the turtles? I was swimming underwater quite a lot and I'm sure I swallowed the water. I'm feeling a bit worried. Can anyone else relate to this?
I'd say overall that this is a great idea for a conservation project. Make sure that you are not wearing any DEET, sun lotion or perfume before entering the water as it may not be good for the turtles. Also, I did get bitten by one enthusiastic turtle who thought I was seaweed, so be careful.
Very nice time overall but worth mentioning these few points.
Thanks.

1  Thank AntoniaS1553
Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

We visited the aquarium in low season but we were really surprised. Our guide showed us from the smaller turtles to the biggest.
Everyone who works here is a volunteer and I am really happy the people help them.
The entry fee is 5$.

See more reviews
Reviewed 12 April 2018

We went to the sister of this aquarium about 100 meters away and was surprised to find that you can swim with 25 or so turtles. You can hire snorkeling masks as well to truly see them under water. You are given seaweed to feed them and the never stop eating. This was a first for me and my family and it will forever be in our memories.