Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 April 2018

A stunning property in a tranquil setting, perfect for escaping and getting away from daily life. With exceptional food, a superb location, and an amazing bunch of people, Randy and Amanda hosted an amazing retreat at Mountain Spirit. 4 days and 3 nights to reflect, enjoy, try something new and take it all in. From yoga to hiking to sailing, along with the phenomenal food from chef Tim, this was certainly a retreat worth traveling down from Christchurch for. I would definitely recommend and will certainly be back.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My experience at Mountain Spirit was exceptional. Refreshing, rejuvenating...rewarding.

Our beautiful hosts, Randall, Amanda and Dexter are the beating heart of this wonderful place:Attentive, welcoming, vibrant...generous.

Mountain spirit is alive with their love for each other and for the land, it is a song you can hear and a dance you can feel...infectious and healing for the soul.

Staying here on a 5 day Yin Yoga retreat...through the combined remedy of their open loving hearts and the soulful character of the land...gave me space to relax and let go of everything outside. What else is there when you are surrounded by such exceptional physical and spiritual beauty?

Thank you for such a wonderful time, it has changed me, and I consider myself truly blessed to have met you and stayed at your home.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2018

What a beautiful and peaceful setting, wonderful hosts, interesting and varied activities, fantastic food and the wonderful people I met there. Went for the Yin retreat and from the moment I arrived till leaving four days later, was treated like a member of the family, with much consideration.
The Yin was well delivered leaving me feeling deeply relaxed and rested. The activities including hiking and sailing were well organized and complimented the philosophy of the retreat. A genuinely well thought out and delivered itinerary. Can't speak highly enough of Mountain Spirit and am already planning ways I can return!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2018

We wish we could have stayed longer at Mountain Spirit! Randall & Amanda's yurt is beautiful. It is in the most wonderful off-grid setting, so well set-up that in fact that you would never know it is off-grid. We were treated to delicious freshly made bread in the morning, and a great yin yoga class with Amanda. The whole experience was delightful and we hope to return again next year! THANK YOU Mountain Spirit!

Room tip: All room options were great!
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I know I'll have difficulty adequately describing my experience at the recent Yin Yoga Retreat but I'll do my best.
From the moment I arrived, until the moment I left 4 days later, I felt welcomed & received with open hearts by the wonderful hosts, Randy & Amanda and their gorgeous son, Dexter.
The first evening, Randy & Amanda welcomed us and shared that the retreat was a place to connect with self, connect with others and connect with the land. Well...I got all 3, in abundance.
What a wonderful space & place to relax and do yin yoga for 4 days. Beautiful surroundings, beautiful people, beautiful food, amazing yin yoga classes, walks up the mountain, sailing, Kirtan and most of all, peace & stillness to calm my nervous system.
I especially loved 2 yin yoga classes daily in which I could deeply relax & connect with my body.
I cannot recommend this retreat and hosts highly enough.
Easily a 5 out of 5!