Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 March 2018

What a beautiful and peaceful setting, wonderful hosts, interesting and varied activities, fantastic food and the wonderful people I met there. Went for the Yin retreat and from the moment I arrived till leaving four days later, was treated like a member of the family, with much consideration.
The Yin was well delivered leaving me feeling deeply relaxed and rested. The activities including hiking and sailing were well organized and complimented the philosophy of the retreat. A genuinely well thought out and delivered itinerary. Can't speak highly enough of Mountain Spirit and am already planning ways I can return!

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 March 2018

We wish we could have stayed longer at Mountain Spirit! Randall & Amanda's yurt is beautiful. It is in the most wonderful off-grid setting, so well set-up that in fact that you would never know it is off-grid. We were treated to delicious freshly made bread in the morning, and a great yin yoga class with Amanda. The whole experience was delightful and we hope to return again next year! THANK YOU Mountain Spirit!

Room tip: All room options were great!
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2018

I know I'll have difficulty adequately describing my experience at the recent Yin Yoga Retreat but I'll do my best.
From the moment I arrived, until the moment I left 4 days later, I felt welcomed & received with open hearts by the wonderful hosts, Randy & Amanda and their gorgeous son, Dexter.
The first evening, Randy & Amanda welcomed us and shared that the retreat was a place to connect with self, connect with others and connect with the land. Well...I got all 3, in abundance.
What a wonderful space & place to relax and do yin yoga for 4 days. Beautiful surroundings, beautiful people, beautiful food, amazing yin yoga classes, walks up the mountain, sailing, Kirtan and most of all, peace & stillness to calm my nervous system.
I especially loved 2 yin yoga classes daily in which I could deeply relax & connect with my body.
I cannot recommend this retreat and hosts highly enough.
Easily a 5 out of 5!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay with Amanda and Randall, one week was not long enough! There is no better way to wake up than with the warm sun shining over the mountains and a daily loaf of fresh homemade bread (still warm!) and delicious apricot jam...what a treat! The accommodation and facilities are spotless and have a homely and welcoming feel. The hosts are super friendly and informative about the surrounding area, we highly recommend booking a sailing trip with Randall on Lake Wanaka. He is an excellent skipper and taught us so much during our afternoon sailing; a highlight of our time spent in New Zealand. Also, Amanda is a fantastic Ying Yoga teacher; so professional and she practices in a awesome space, either the Yurt or the Tipi. What more could you ask for, we feel thoroughly rejuvenated! This land is good for the soul! Thank you!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2017

We've been at Amandas, Randalls and Dexters lovely place in the beginning of 2014. We stayed two weeks, which passed bye soooo fast! Gardening , building stone-tracks, fences and plenty other really good things which made the difference. Never the less we spent time together going swimming, eating icecream and had open hearded talks about life and the very interesting biography of Amanda and Randall. Thank you for the time! Miss you and New Zealand!!

Room tip: there are no "bad" rooms
Date of stay: February 2017