“You must go”

Relishes Cafe
Ranked #10 of 95 Restaurants in Wanaka
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Wanaka is our place. For 30 years Relishes has created modern New Zealand cuisine from the wild and wonderful ingredients at our door. Join us for fresh, delicious, imaginative food at breakfast, lunch or dinner. The Home of Good Food Relishes is a Wanaka lakefront icon. A relaxed sunny café by day and an atmospheric candlelit restaurant by night. Our brunches are legendary, our lunches and dinners divine. Relishes is a family run restaurant. Sister, brother duo, Tasha and Toby can often be seen running the cafe, Paul is hidden behind scenes. Together they have been passionate about Wanaka, food and service for one and a half decades.
Reviewed 25 October 2021 via mobile

Nothing to complain about.. Staff were amazing, helpful and accomodating.
We had garlic bread for starter. I am dairyfree, and it was no trouble to organize toasted bread with inhouse hummus and olive oil, yum!
I had the recommended lamb and friend lemon sole. Both dishes 10/10.
The fact they had a dairyfree dessert is very much appreciated. But it was a whittakers chocolate hazelnut tart! To die for with great coffee, you must try it.

Well done guys

Date of visit: October 2021

Reviewed 17 October 2021 via mobile

We enjoyed our meal and would definitely return next time we’re in Wanaka. Nice atmosphere and lovely staff. I had an issue with my main but the way it was dealt with is why I would return and also why I would recommend Relishes. Thanks to the team!

Date of visit: October 2021
Reviewed 13 September 2021 via mobile

What I love about Relishes is their attention to vege and vegan options.
OMG…YUM!
Cos the only prob I ever have when I go here is…
I CAN’T DECIDE WHAT TO HAVE THIS TIME!!!
But seriously, thanks Relishes, we love you guys!
Rox x

Date of visit: September 2021
1  Thank LegallyBlondeVegan
Reviewed 6 August 2021 via mobile

The entrees and mains were excellent excellent. The fish chowder is really superb as is the lamb dish as a main. The coffee is always excellent. Nice spot at any time of the day.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 5 August 2021

We came here several times during our stay in Wanaka. Nice atmosphere, friendly service, good food. The gf brownie was delicious, as was the coffee.

Date of visit: July 2021