“A pleasant surprise”

The Landing Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, New Zealand
Good for: Romantic, View, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Offering carefully presented, simple progressive cuisine, made with the freshest and most local produce available. We keep it seasonal, we make it fresh. We offer classic cocktails made to perfection, wines sourced from the vineyards that surround us and beyond, along with well crafted local and imported beers.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our visit to The Landings was fortuitous. We chose this restaurant when we were told there would be a long wait for a restaurant at our place of choice. Our party of four all enjoyed a main course with very good local wines.

Date of visit: November 2018
Getaway36667645509, Owner at The Landing Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Hi Jill

Thank you for your nice review, Im happy that all four of you had a good time.

Regards
Meetu saklani

Reviewed 7 November 2018

had monk fish special which was sooooo good. very tasty with an oat bacon crumble in a hoki sauce. was with a group of 6 and everyone had fabulous meals. friendly informative staff and best chef ever! Found out new owners have just taken over and are re-branding so surroundings will get a much needed spruce up but the food is awesome!

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank RaewynB30

Hello Raewyn

Thank you very much for a positive review.

Kind regards
Meetu Saklani

Reviewed 4 November 2018

I am a return customer to The Landing and was suitably impressed with the food the previous time that I decided to eat there again. And I was not disappointed with the food.

However, I believe new owenrs have taken possession of the restaurant (same chefs), and they operate the front of house.

We had to amusing incidences:
1/ While ordering, the last person in our party ordered the dumplings, to which the server responded, I think you might like to try the octopus special-we had already been told about the octopus special which was clearly not what this person wanted as they are allergic to ocopus, but the server kept insisting the he should try the octopus. Bad form! I burst into laughter as in all my years I have never seen this happen in a restaurant, where the server tells you you have ordered the wrong meal.

2/There is a very limited menu selection-2 listed items and the special. that was ok-but after discussion we decided we all wanted the cheesecake-when the server came to take our order and we told him, he said they had run out of cheesecake. Now the restaurant on a Saturday night was quite empty-how do you run out of one of your three desserts on offer?

Hmmm....we are locals and although the food is good, would be hesitant to return to this restaurant again as it was just not a great experience.

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

Recently back from a meal with my husband. He had a Thai beef dish, with very tender meat. I had a vegan lentil dish with coconut & lemongrass, with a squash mousse. Deliciously done, beautifully served, and friendly & helpful service. We’re only briefly visiting Wanaka, but I’d happily go again.

Reviewed 20 October 2018

Obviously, the Chef at The Landing, has taken heed of the previous review. My sister and myself ordered the Lamb Rump. It was tender and melted in the mouth. Accompanied by taste and texture. Fine dining at moderate prices.

Date of visit: October 2018