Lowest prices for your stay
US$85
Free cancellation until 25/10/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$83
Hotels.com
US$83
PricelineUS$85
CheapTicketsUS$83
eDreamsUS$85
All reviews great location car windscreen discount voucher comfortable unit kids playground handy location short walk to the lake great advice air conditioning great stay would stay again family room well equipped kitchen enjoyed our stay stayed here for nights bbq area close to town
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 August 2021 via mobile

We booked in to stay for one night .....pretty un impressed but we thought its just a bed so dropped our things and went exploring . When we came back later we noticed stains on the bed caver, light bulbs missing from numerous lights ..... the couch I wouldn’t even sit on ..... the carpet was disgusting ......there was an old fan in the bathroom that had been replaced and the old one had just been left hanging with ugly wires. . This place was disgusting we got our money back and moved to a beautiful place that was only $25 more expensive

Room tip: Don’t stay here
Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Derek Johnson, Owner at Alpine Motel Wanaka and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2021

Thank you for your review, as your husband and I discussed and he agreed he was going to take you to a 5 star location. Your money was refunded because we felt nothing we did was going to be good enough for you as we even showed you another room. Half of your comments are just rubbish. I can't believe after getting your money back and staying somewhere you wanted to stay you've gone so far out of your way to give us a review. Hopefully everyone disregards this review and takes notice of our 4 1/2 out of 5 star trip advisor review as we feel this is a better representation of Alpine motel.

Reviewed 6 August 2021

Thank you for our home away from home stay!

With a boisterous 5yr old and 2yr old it can be a bit daunting going away but we felt very welcome and comfortable at Alpine, perfect playground for both aged kids (trying to keep them out of it at 7am was more the issue!).

Comfortable beds, very impressed with the size of the TV for a motel! Always warm and cosy and I loved the shower dome, we're talking about getting one at home now!!

Personal touch of waking to find a towel had been put on our car window so it didn't ice over and also helping with my laundry when we were running late.

Fully equipped kitchen and a short easy stroll to the shops and eateries.

Highly recommend the Alpine Motel!

Date of stay: July 2021
Derek Johnson, Owner at Alpine Motel Wanaka and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2021

WOW thank you for such a lovely review! We do our best to make everyone feel welcomed. We're so glad the kids enjoyed the playground, certainly is a huge hit with most of our guests. We love to help our guests so anything to make there stay here even easier we will do! Yes we have a wonderful location, only 450m and you're in the heart of Wanaka. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay here with us and we look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 25 July 2021

Really pleased with our king bed studio unit. Full marks for Cleanliness, great kitchen that had everything we needed, good pressure shower, comfy bed and good easy chairs. Easy car parking too. Thanks to all of your team.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Derek Johnson, Owner at Alpine Motel Wanaka and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2021

Thank you so much for your review! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay here, Since taking over in July 15 2015, we have completely refurbished some rooms. I am proud of the options we now offer in our tariff / pricing bracket. All our rooms now have FULL Heat Pumps/ Air Conditioning, FREE Unlimited WiFi. 25 TV channels including 9 SKY TV channels - Sports x2, Movies x3, and ++. We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 20 July 2021

Very convenient location, tidy and clean apartment.
Kitchen is a bit out-dated, but everything else is flash.
Particularly amazed with spacious and modern bathroom.
Owners are very helpful and full of understanding.
All of this for a very reasonable price.
This place will be on top of the list for our next stay in Wanaka.

Date of stay: July 2021

Thank you for your review! Yes our location is certainly a favourite with most of our guests! You can park your car right outside your room and leave it there as you explore our wonderful town and our beautiful lake-front. We love our town and try to explore it as often as we can - this gives us the insight and experience to help you get the most out of your time staying at Alpine Motel Wanaka and our beautiful lake! We look forward to hosting you again!

Reviewed 21 June 2021 via mobile

A friend stayed in the double bed in our room after not being able to find a taxi to get back to their accommodation on a freezing saturday night. In the morning the owner stormed up to our door and asked why he saw an extra person on the cameras (creepy) enter the room and told us he canceled the booking which was for two nights and our friend had to pay extra money. The way he and his wife handled the situation was appalling, speaking to us as if we were 12 years old. We were very respectful and made no noise at all. Our friend would have been happy to pay some extra for the 'inconvenience' but was not interested after the rude conversation. One extra person staying in a 3 person room to avoid the cold is reasonable if you ask me. Also just to add to it, the owners dog ran into the room and jumped on the beds when people were still in them. Avoid this place and take your money somewhere else is my advice.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank harryv827
Derek Johnson, Owner at Alpine Motel Wanaka and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2021

Do you know, it never ceases to amaze me, when people get caught doing something wrong, they blame the other party involved. However, I will defend myself & my wife & my business with my version of events & the facts below.

The room you booked sleeps 3 maximum, it only a studio - you wound up with 4 in your room.
We had stayed up late (after office hours) to check you in. Due to the fact you had booked 3 into a room with a Single & Queen bed in the same sleeping area I had double checked during check-in that this was suitable for you as we had larger rooms available. You mentioned that there were 3 ladies who understood & were Ok to share a bed in the room you had booked.
So you can imagine my surprise when in the morning (whilst stripping the rooms for my cleaning team) a gentleman walked out and back into your room - given the previous night’s conversation ... alarm bells started ringing as you had already maxed out the room capacity at 3 people. So, I went and checked our security cameras to make sure I had my facts right, (I will cover your comments on my CCTV camera’s later) Sure enough, there were 4 people that entered your room the previous night (the gentlemen arrived at 2.02am to be exact & never left our premises) which violates the terms & conditions you signed upon checking in. (I would also mention that we have 2 taxi companies that operate 24/7 - so it is untrue he would not be able to find a taxi service as there is a taxi stand within 400 m walking distance & they are both on google so easy to source phone number).
I waited until just before lunch & you never notified me about your extra guest, so I therefore was put in the position of having to ask you about it around noon. It is never pleasant having to deal with things like this & I do not like doing it. (So, ‘storming’ down there is untrue - I actually sat on the information for quite some time waiting to give you the opportunity to see if you were going to come up & tell me given the gentleman had known I’d seen him - I was in fact, giving you the benefit of the doubt. However, you did not appear, so I did have to go down in the end)
You all apologised & agreed that the extra guest would not stay the second night. I thought the conversation went well, hence why I allowed you to stay when I didn't have to. Just before I went down, I had contacted the booking agent (booking.com) you had used for your booking explaining the situation and they agreed that the booking should be cancelled. So it was. (Booking.com can back up all the above).
However, as stated above, given the result of our conversation, I had made the decision to allow you to stay regardless. But, approx. 20 minutes later you went up to the office where my wife was & stated you were actually choosing to leave due to us having security cameras on our property! My wife then pointed out that there is a sign literally beside our reception door (where you were standing whilst talking to her) stating “security cameras operating” & the TV Screen showing the live feed is located behind reception desk in plain view, so behind my wife’s head while she was talking to you… You insisted we should have told you personally on check-in. This is something we have NEVER had complaints about before – not once. They are there for our protection and our guest’s protection and give our guests peace of mind. They were installed by a reputable company who was installing cameras for New World in Wanaka at the time, so they did the 2 jobs at the same time as they are a Christchurch based company. So, I can assure you it is a professional and legal set up approved by the NZ Police & is not “Creepy”
Our 'Toy' 2kg 6-month-old Dog jumped onto your bed… I find that very hard to believe seeing as she cannot get onto our own bed. Enough said.
At the end of the day, you chose to put us in a position we should not have had to be put in - and no one has walked away happy - us included. It left a sour taste in everyone's mouth & ruined everyone's day or “weekend”. We were not to blame for any of it as you made the choices you made – yet here we are defending ourselves… It is unfortunate that you have chosen to go one step further and post this review. But you are entitled too, as we are to post a reply.
Hopefully, people choose the read our other 290reviews to get a proper representation of our business that we are clearly passionate about (& protective off) & given the opportunity we do look after our guests to the best of our ability, & thankfully a majority see this + (250+ of them being 4/5 and above)
All the best