Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Trudy L
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Good location

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 9 Sept 2020
One of the nicest motels I've stayed in, room was lovely, clean and spacious, well equipped kitchen area, fantastic shower over bath, fantastic wifi, supermarket a minute walk, but still quiet, Free parking, friendly staff, will definitely be back soon !
Date of stay: September 2020
    $248
    $185
23.0 km from Aspiring Lodge Motel
View more hotels in Wanaka
All reviews great location first floor three nights few minutes walk comfortable bed lake wifi balcony town sofa lodge bedding heating
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 July 2020 via mobile

The room was spacious and comfortable. On offer a big bed, a 2 seater and dining table, in the kitchen area a microwave, hot plate and a fridge along with tea and coffee making facilities and Netflix.

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 9 March 2020 via mobile

I had a bad cold when I came to Wanaka so I ended up spending a day of my three night stay in bed. I was extremely grateful to find my room had Netflix to help me pass the time. The decor of the room was ordinary but the room was large and well laid out. The patio area was screened with greenery so the passerby’s couldn’t really see into my private space. It had a full sized fridge freezer and two burner cooktop. The extra bonus was that the local grocery store was next door and the main areas of Wanaka were a block away.
As I was going to be very late checking in the manager arranged easy access to my room with clear instructions on the office door for when I arrived.
I really enjoyed this Motel for its good room, reasonable price and great convenience to all I needed or might like to do in town.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 8 March 2020 via mobile

Check-in was friendly and efficient. The room was spacious with balcony overlooking the street. In the room.....a kitchenette, lounge, eating area. Included was a microwave, jug, toaster, hot plate and crockery. The location was ideal. Walking distance to main shopping/eating district was 5 minutes. A large supermarket was 1 minute walk. This is an older alpine style motel. Free wifi and parking is available.

Date of stay: March 2020
2  Thank RhellieKeith
Reviewed 28 January 2020

What can I say, the staff are helpful and knowledgeable of the area. Almost everything is within walking distance. Supermarket next door, all shops and restaurants are only a few minutes walk away. Highly recommend

Room tip: Nothing, we had a few problems but these were settled immediately without hesitancy
Date of stay: January 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 11 December 2019 via mobile

The good points are outweighed by the bad points.
The good points being that the room was spacious, had a decent balcony and was really well located close to the town, lake and bars/ restaurants and literally next door to a supermarket. The staff were also very pleasant and helpful.
We started in Room 11 but because the hot tap in the bathroom did not work they moved us to Room 10.
The rooms were lined with dark pine, which we found dark and dingy. Even after switching on all the lights it was grim. The whole place was really tired and fittings very basic and in need of updating. The kitchenette was especially basic and had a portable 2-ring unit to cook on. (Better than Room 10 that had a single ring portable ring). The controls were in my lay-view faulty and none of the small appliances were PAT tested, which is not compulsory in NZ but was done in most other places we had stayed.
During our 4 night stay the TVs in all 14 rooms did not function. On the 4th night the manager loaned us a plug-in Freeview device but after 7pm it would not stream due to the weak WiFi. The manager said they had just installed 4 WiFi boosters, so clearly it must have been even worse before we stayed.
During the evening/night the building contracted with really loud creaks. Also the fridge was near the bed and buzzed all night so each night we switched it off and on again in the morning.
I would not stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2019