All reviews bed dorm big lockers the kitchen outside area common room mount iron place to stay lounge sockets winter couch
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights here. The hostel honestly feels too small for the number of people there. It was full or nearly full when we were there and it constantly felt cramped. The kitchen is tiny and only 2 people can effectively cook in there at a time and the microwave was incredibly dirty. The common room is too small with 2 couches and a wooden bench and was almost always packed so it never feels like you get your own space. There's an outside area too but without any heating it's far too cold to eat or relax out there in winter.
The dorms were a good temperature making it more comfortable to sleep but they were very messy and cluttered and felt like it should have been a 4 bed and not a 6.

Internet was limited to 500mb a day but speeds were ok.

Showers were good and toilets were clean.

There wasn't much interaction with the staff but they seemed friendly.

It's an ok place to crash for a night or two but if you want an extended stay in Wanaka I'd have to recommend elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

The cleanest real hostel I stayed in. People actually clean their dishes and behave properly. The rooms and facilities are very clean too. This place caters best to long term stays, but accommodates really well if staying for a few nights. Location close to center and night life.
Only negative point is that internet is not unlimited and does not reach all the rooms, so you have to make do.

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank nicolas s
Reviewed 17 April 2017

I spend three nights there in a mixt dorm, the staff is absolutely awesome, I was doing a late check out and the girl left a nice note for me for saying welcome :)
the room was ok, maybe a bit small and the bed was noisy
the kitchen is small so it is better to go outside the busy hours because it can get hard to cook. There is a nice place outside to relax, and a lounge to watch movies, and lot of books.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Wanaka and its surrounding are a very fun touristy destination. Because of that it is a slightly more expensive place.

Kiwi was a nice hostel with friendly atmosphere and staff. Our double room was modernly equipped but was terribly small. The bathroom/showers were nice although somewhat busy due to their low ratio to rooms. The kitchen was also small for the number of people in the hostel.

The location is nice, 10 minutes walk to downtown and the staff will be happy to help with bookings and suggestions. Wifi (500 my per person per day) was good in the main areas but didn't work in our room at all.

A nice place in a (quite) lively town.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2017

When planning my trip to NZ, I contacted a couple of tour companies and Flying Kiwi was one of the first ones to reply to my questions. Unfortunately I couldn´t join the tour cause I was getting late into NZ to join the tour, however, Franki´s (Operations & Customer Service ) service was outstanding. He offered me other option in order to join their tour and was super fast replying to my e-mails.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends