“My favourite NZ activity”
Review of Wanaka Paragliding

Wanaka Paragliding
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take a breathtaking Tandem Paragliding flight from Treble Cone Mountain, only 25 minutes from Wanaka. Enjoy a relaxing scenic flight or adrenaline pumping aerobatic experience, the choice is yours. Wanaka Paragliding offers stunning views of West Wanaka, the Matukituki Valley and Lake Wanaka itself. We are Wanaka’s most experienced tandem paragliding company, established 1990.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 24 March 2018

I've been parasailing, skydiving, hot air ballooning, bungee jumping, and now paragliding. This was by far my favourite faux-flying experience. It was a gorgeous, calm, and surreal way to see the beauty of New Zealand. The operating agency was very thorough, and my pilot was good (though very stoic). Highly recommended.

1  Thank DanielH1981
Wanakaparagliding, Owner at Wanaka Paragliding, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Hi Daniel. Thank you for reviewing and recommending us, I agree with you that paragliding feels surreal at times. All the best on your next adventures!

All reviews
"company"
in 5 reviews
"glide"

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Good service, good fly experience, good view, good weather, we are very happy we did the paragliding with this company,

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for your review and for flying with us. Happy Travels.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I flew with Chris and Thomas earlier this week, and absolutely loved the experience. In fact, we both agreed that this was our favorite activity of our 2-week trip in NZ!!

The Treble Cone launch area is stunning, with views of Lake Wanaka and the surrounding mountains from the top. The pilots are extremely professional and emphasize safety, yet they are also passionate about flying and are eager to share that passion with their tandem rider. On the way down we did several passes in front of a waterfall that was coming down the mountain, and even caught a thermal or two that gave us some extra air time!

1  Thank Chris G

Hi Chris, thank you very much for your review. I'm delighted this was your favourite NZ activity. The waterfalls are my own favourite place to fly and I'm pleased the thermals were working for you.

Reviewed 7 March 2018

Amazing! It is so wonderful that we are back home still talking about this experience. It is exciting and the view is very beautiful. You can see the mountain and Lake Wanaka from the shy.Thanks Book and Richard, thanks all guys.

1  Thank 1,276,433,751
Wanakaparagliding, Owner at Wanaka Paragliding, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Thanks so much for flying with us and taking the time to review us. We love it when we can share an experience that people remember.
Hope to meet you again one day. Richard