Edgewater
The Moorings(Wanaka)
Wanaka Hotel(Wanaka)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsone bedroom suiteduck pondtennis courtslake edgebuffet breakfastwalking trackwasher dryerstunning locationwalk into townfirst floornew zealandthe ground floorliving areagreat roomsouth islandcomfy bedfantastic views
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

During a walk around the lake to the Rippon Winery, I stopped here for a glass of wine.
Although the venue was lovely and the staff friendly, it took 10 minutes to get waited on after receiving the wine list. It then took another 10 minutes to actually get my glass of wine.
I was never approached to see if I was finished or would like another glass. I had to go inside to the bar to pay my bill.
It is important to mention that they were not busy during my stay. Equally important, the lovely young man who eventually waited on me apologized for the delay in placing my order, then apologized again for the delay in receiving my wine.
When I went in to pay, a different young man apologized again for the wait time in getting served.
They were both so nice and apologetic, I didn't have the heart to say anything. I now regret that as I would like to think management would have appreciated being aware of the importance in having their staff be more cognizant.
As my restaurateur dad always said, "Anyone in the business worth their salt, wants to be the first to know if a customer is unsatisfied".

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Valerie B
EdgewaterNZ, Public Relations Manager at Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

Dear Valerie B

We appreciate you setting out the events that impacted on your enjoyment of your glass of wine with us.

You can be assured they've been taken on board and noted by management.

We hope you'll give us a chance again in the future.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

The resort is located right next to Lake Wanaka. The rooms were comfortable with great views of the lake. The resort staff were really friendly and professional as well. The breakfast at the resort is surprising great!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
EdgewaterNZ, Public Relations Manager at Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2017

Dear Keith L

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about Edgewater. So pleased you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

This was booked for us and through and agency so we were very pleasantly surprised at our 1 bedroom unit - perfect as we have a toddler so it was nice to have more space, a kitchen and a washer/dryer.
We had a quick dip in the lake directly off the hotels grounds, a play on the playground and kicked a ball about- a great hotel for families with kids.
We had dinner in the restaurant- pricey but you got what you paid for - really good food. I had tea snakes rare duck with a duck leg croquette - super yum!
Breakfast was really good too - pastries were fresh and delicious.
We needed a porta cot, they came and set it up and made it with good linen and lovely baby blankets.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family

Hi Nicole J

We appreciate your great review and so pleased we could look after you and your family so well.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

We have had lunch here several times - it never disappoints. Their scone selection is amazing. Especially lemon and poppy seed! They advise a 30 minute wait as they are baked fresh - well worth the wait !!!! And a calming space with lakeside views.

Stayed: November 2016

Kia ora

We appreciate your comments and so pleased you enjoy our fabulous baked-to-order scones.

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

Firstly, Wanaka is beautiful!! The Edgewater property sits right on the lake and there is a lush lawn that leads out to the waterfront.

This is a quirky property. It feels like an apartment complex that met a business center and a hotel with a restaurant.

The staff are very friendly and seem to come from all over the world.

My room was set up like a suite with a separate bedroom kitchenette dining and seating area. The rooms are a little tired, but are very well-equipped and complete with washer and dryer, which comes in handy on a long road trip.

This property seems to be popular with large groups. However, it was easy to find some peace and quiet on the lawn outside of my ground floor suite.

It's a 15 minute walk to the town of Wanaka and if you enjoy trail running, swimming, or biking this is a fantastic location.

If you are looking for a photo opportunity walk towards town and look for a tree growing out of the lake which I heard is the most photographed tree in the southern hemisphere! For the best light I would suggest going at magic hour.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
EdgewaterNZ, Public Relations Manager at Edgewater, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Kia Ora

We appreciate your extensive review and thanks for sharing such great information on the property.