Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews camping chairs great location separate bedroom studio room beautiful lake drying room pip mountains accommodation
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 February 2019 via mobile

What a treat to drive into Wanaka and following a warm greeting from our host, Pip, to find ourselves gazing out our window across the park to the lake and the snow dusted mountains behind.
While the chalets are older, they're freshly refurbished and well appointed.
There was everything we needed to be able to cook for ourselves, or a leisurely stroll to multiple eating options.
A great find.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Pip0063, Owner at Wanaka View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2019

Thank you, I hope you can return for a visit very soon!

Reviewed 22 February 2019

We stayed at Wanaka View Motel for 2 nights, and couldn't have been happier. Our host was so welcoming and cheerful, and she told us about some great live music happening that evening at a local pub. The location is perfect - easily walkable to everything in town (we even walked all the way to the Mount Iron trailhead!), and beautiful mountain views since the park is directly in front of the motel. Really convenient to have parking. We used the laundry while we were there - the washer was free (which was great, but it didn't end up washing our clothes that well), and the coin-operated dryer worked well. The chalet itself provided plenty of space. Would definitely stay there again!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Pip0063, Owner at Wanaka View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2019

Thanks for your review!.Please come and stay again!

Reviewed 20 February 2019

This little motel has a prime location right across from the park and five minutes from town. The views, particularly from our front room were spectacular. There was parking for four cars and if neccessary for more just across the road. The owner was very welcoming, friendly and helpful. The rooms were a good size and the chalets are very well equiped. The is an oven, hob and microwave for cooking along with kettle, toaster and fridge. We were sad we only had two nights here. We were able to walk to the Iron Track easily and would have walked to Puzzling World if we knew it wasn't much further.
They provide chairs if you wich to go across and sit under a tree in the park. Toiletries are also provided. Only two TV channels but with Internet speed being reasonable we were able to use our Fire Stick . A very nice stay, thankyou.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Pip0063, Owner at Wanaka View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2019

Thank you, I hope you can come back for a longer stay next time!

Reviewed 6 February 2019 via mobile

We really enjoyed our 3 nights at the WVM. We had #4 and I would encourage getting one of the two front units since the entire front wall is glass and windows to a fantastic view. The down side is you’re on display if you don’t close the curtains. Plenty of windows to get a breeze and a fan is provided so we never had a problem with the daytime heat. Nights were cool so we actually closed the windows at night, except the 1st night so we put the heater on for an hour in the morning to take the chill out.

The kitchenette was complete with stove and an oven (which is unusual). The only thing I could have asked for was a teflon pan since frying eggs in stainless pans is impossible.

The bed was comfortable, but it was hard to get in on one side with the door open. This would be my only complaint, but I got used to it. At least there was a closet I could put my clothes in. It seems most motels (that I stayed in) in NZ provide no place to put or hang clothes.

The location is across across the street from a large park and the beach and lake. Beautiful unobstructed views. It was about a 3 minute walk to “downtown“.

The checkin window is a small. Smallest I’ve ever seen but we arrived late and there was a note for us with key, so that really wasn’t an issue at all.

The TV has chromecast so we were able to watch Netflix which I liked over crummy tv channels. I guess there are only two channels so chromecast is the only option.

There are free bikes available from the motel and a nice bike path around the lake. We didn’t try them so I don’t know how good they are but bike rentals in town are $30 for a half day so good savings there.

The owner was very friendly. I needed a print out of an invoice and she was happy to print it for me. She lives on property.

There’s a free washer for guests and $4 for dryer. 4 different garbage cans for different kinds of trash/recyclables.

If you get unit 4 you may be short a spoon. We accidentally left one in our coffee bag. Sorry.

All in all good value for $.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Pip0063, Owner at Wanaka View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2019

Thank you for the review, It is good you enjoyed your stay.
Thank you for pointing out the frypan issue, I will provide non stick frypans in the future!

Reviewed 1 February 2019

Outstanding views of the lake with only a five minute walk into town from this Kiwi treasure. The owner and staff were so friendly, sincere and helpful. Very clean, comfortable rooms and relaxed, stress-free setting. I loved the ambience and feel of this place. Definitely my favourite place to come back and stay in Wanaka. My family and friends have no hesitation in staying here after my positive feedback. I'm securing my next stay now to avoid missing out.
Thank you Wanaka View Motel - you made our holiday!

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank FunTravels5557
Pip0063, Owner at Wanaka View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2019

Thank you for your lovely review, we look forward to hosting you again soon at Wanaka View Motel!