“I want to be helpful ”

Price range: US$6 - US$24
Cuisines: Contemporary, New Zealand
Good for: View, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Trout's prime location on the lake front of Wanaka provides it with fantastic views. We have great food,coffee and drinks whether you are just after a snack or a main meal. We have 6 Monteiths beers, Heineken & Erdinger on tap as well as a wide range of local wines.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I want to be helpful, both to the reader and the restaurant, because I think that there is something worthy here. This was an uneven experience. They have a small but thoughtfully chosen, mostly regional, wine list. They have a full bar and a nice beer selection. The service was warm and friendly, but the kitchen was slow. As far as the food, it was hit and miss. The lamb and the beef were good. The fish pie that I ordered had no taste. I salted it three times - and I never salt my food. The arracini were like nothing I had ever tasted, in a tomato “relish” that was doctored up ketchup. All in all, it was fine, but could be much better.

Date of visit: November 2018
1  Thank alanlP3589QE

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

A variety of indoor and outdoor seating options - from courtyard with fire, on the balcony with views to the snow capped mountains across the lake with blankets to keep you warm on a clear chilly day, or down basking in the sunshine at the street long tables. I loved the lounge seating by the fire inside. Great food, efficient and friendly staff. They have a large screen TV to view your favourite sporting event. Beats having the large noisy crowds at a pub, great village atmosphere. Reasonable prices and a hit with the locals.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

Right on the lakefront with the beautifully snowy mountain peak for a view, this is a great place to stop for lunch. Food was great and of a decent size. Reasonably priced too.

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

Found some affordable dinner in wanaka. And good dinner too! The squid was super yum and the mains were good just missed a bit that "bit" which makes it amazing. We got very well looked after and the atmosphere was really good.

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

This place was recommended to us. The fish&chips is delicious! Great service from the whole team. The salad that went with it was wonderful: generous portion and a lovely dressing. We’re really glad we came here for lunch!