Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Pixiehat
New Zealand

I would stay here again

3.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 12 Mar 2023
I'd had my eye on this place when I had been in Wanaka before, because it was so close to beach and shops. It stood up to my expectations. I was in a studio with en suite. which was quite okay for me. It became a bit cramped with me finding enough hanging space for my clothes, and bags. A comfortable bed, tv worked. The unit was sort of under the outside stairs that led upstairs to other units and was dar k. I had to put a light on most of the time, but there were tinted windows and sliding door glass that somehow didn't show the interior of the unit from outside (daytime). Parking was wherever there was a space in the grounds but I usually got a space right outside my unit. The staff were lovely, answering my (silly?) questions. I stayed five nights and enjoyed myself. I would stay again, same unit
Date of stay: January 2023
Room Tip: Two story building. Ask for ground floor if you don't think you can manage the outside stairs
Trip type: Travelled solo
Location, location, location
    $151
0.4 km from Bella Vista Wanaka
View more hotels in Wanaka
All reviews great location one night off street parking comfortable bed would stay here again small kitchenette restaurants and shops the ground floor town centre cooking facilities motel bv lake nz wifi toaster fridge
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 February 2023 via mobile

After BV Christchurch it was a little disappointing in terms of space and size. Everything looked little worn and brown …. Perfectly clean and nice welcome and advice given. 10% off at Speights if you show room key but that wasn’t great in terms of food. Just all very average - fine for our 1 night.

Date of stay: February 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2023

The worst motel we stayed in in NZ. We had room 1 - a tiny room and the place situated in a dark corner at the premises - difficult to have light into the room.
Beds were not soft enough. WiFi very bad and in periods worse.
The way how the kitchenette was made was a parody: the fridge door opens to the wrong side, so difficult to arrange and see anything in it; over the kitchentable there are 2 shelves/cupboards - but they are place so low, that it makes use of the table impossible - and the risk of slamming your head in the cupboard over the fridge is substantial - this is really done so ridiculous that you an not imagine. There are 2 knives, 2 spoons etc. - so you have to wash after every use (at other motels there are typically more than 2).
Only good thing: location in the town is OK.

Date of stay: January 2023
Reviewed 17 January 2023

The Bella Vista is centrally located in Wanaka with easy walk to restaurants and bars. There is a view of the mountains from the room.
The room was small with little room to walk around the bed.
There was a decent sized bathroom with toiletries in bulk bottles.
We had an upstairs room with a walkway to other rooms outside our door. There was no room to sit outside to enjoy the view.

Date of stay: November 2022
Reviewed 15 January 2023

It was a very small room with no area for our suitcases so it was a bit of a squeeze.
However, it was perfect for our one night stay with off-street parking and the town centre (& lake) just a minutes walk away.

Date of stay: December 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2022 via mobile

Our room was quite small but as expected and only for one night. It was clean, well appointed and on the ground floor which made access easy.
The large bathroom was easy to use. Lovely thick towels supplied and good bed linen on the beds. Laundry facilities were available and extra towels if needed. Great location to walk to the shops.

Date of stay: October 2022