“Awesome ”
Review of Classic Flights

Classic Flights
Ranked #20 of 58 Tours in Wanaka
More attraction details
Owner description: Vintage Tiger Moth Scenic Flights with Classic Flights Wanaka, New Zealand. Have you ever dreamed of experiencing a piece of aviation history? To step back in time where Pilots were larger than life, and heroes to all those who lifted their eyes skyward to the sound of an old Tigermoth flying overhead? Then take a flightseeing trip around Wanaka and see breathtaking New Zealand scenery in a Vintage Aircraft. Experience the excitement of the early flyers and their flying machines; the smell of oil and aviation fuel, combined with the aroma of fresh leather. As you don the old-style leather flying helmet, complete with flying goggles and silk scarf, experience the anticipation of being taken back in time to the nostalgia of this by-gone era.The exhilaration of the open cockpit and the wind in your face - discover the freedom and romance of a vintage scenic flight from Wanaka, one of the most spectacular scenic locations in New Zealand.
Chichester
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Awesome ”
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Best memory of my trip to NZ!!! I've jumped from a plan at 15000ft, bungee jumped, shotover jet plus saw loads of great scenery but the thing I shall remember the most about my trip to the South Island was the 30 mins me and my son spent flying in the Tiger Moths with loop the loop etc.... blooming fantastic experience, thank you!!!

Visited March 2017

Wollongong, Australia
“Must do ”
Reviewed 9 March 2017 via mobile

This was my number one experience in New Zealand!! I highly recommend seeing Classic Flights, they are super friendly, our pilot Alex made sure we were having fun and made the experience as comfortable as possible. We flew over Milford Sound, the views were incredible, best way to experience the regions beauty!!
I will definitely be back

Visited February 2017
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“30 Minute flight ”
Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

Just fantastic an original Tiger Moth and superb staff who are friendly and helpful. A must do in Wanaka.

Visited February 2017
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful wings over Wanaka.”
Reviewed 27 February 2017

We did the "Freedom of Romance" flight in the two Tiger Moths. This was our Christmas present to each other and it is one of the best things we have ever done. And we've been around a bit! An absolute delight from making the booking to waving goodbye. Friendly team, well organised, great attention to detail. But the main thing was the absolute thrill of flying in an open cockpit in formation. It gives a whole new dimension to the experience of flying. I've been on a number of light aircraft trips before and have even had a few hours of instruction, but this was far and away better than anything I'd tried before. We were given a well thought out briefing, guided into our respective aircraft (Oh, they are so beautiful, words fail me!) flown over the lake, mountains on each side, to a remote pasture, taken on a low pass and a tight turn to check the runway, then landed and served with a delicious luxury picnic lunch. A little while to relax and take in the stunning scenery and then up in the Tiger Moths again for a formation flight back down the lake to the airfield. We were buzzing for days! Still get misty eyed when I think about it. A reasonable price too. It's spurred me to take up gliding back in the UK

Visited December 2016
Auckland Region, New Zealand
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wonderful Waco”
Reviewed 30 January 2017

I was really hoping to get to fly in the Waco biplane (..which is unique in NZ), but the weather wasn't playing ball while we were in town.
Peter was kind enough to accommodate this, by flying us at 7am on the day when the weather did, finally, turn good. As a result, we had a wonderful early-morning view of the stunning Wanaka scenery, framed by the wings of this beautiful old aeroplane.
Thanks Peter - it was unforgettable!

Visited January 2017