“Seat of your pants flying!!”
Review of Classic Flights

Classic Flights
Ranked #19 of 58 Tours in Wanaka
More attraction details
Owner description: Vintage Tiger Moth Scenic Flights with Classic Flights Wanaka, New Zealand. Have you ever dreamed of experiencing a piece of aviation history? To step back in time where Pilots were larger than life, and heroes to all those who lifted their eyes skyward to the sound of an old Tigermoth flying overhead? Then take a flightseeing trip around Wanaka and see breathtaking New Zealand scenery in a Vintage Aircraft. Experience the excitement of the early flyers and their flying machines; the smell of oil and aviation fuel, combined with the aroma of fresh leather. As you don the old-style leather flying helmet, complete with flying goggles and silk scarf, experience the anticipation of being taken back in time to the nostalgia of this by-gone era.The exhilaration of the open cockpit and the wind in your face - discover the freedom and romance of a vintage scenic flight from Wanaka, one of the most spectacular scenic locations in New Zealand.
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Seat of your pants flying!!”
Reviewed 19 October 2016 via mobile

One word... SPECTACULAR!! Partner and I did a 20min scenic flight in the Tiger Moths. It's was quite a windy day, but my pilot Peter flew that plane so well!! What a rush. Totally breath taking and both of us landed with the biggest smiles. Can't think of a better way to see and take in the breathtaking scenery that Wanaka has to offer. This has been the highlight of our holiday.

Visited October 2016

Sydney
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Awesome ride in a Tigermoth”
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

I had always wanted to ride in a Tigermoth and im so glad i got to do it in Wanaka. They got me all dressed up like Tom Cruise in Top Gun, and then say me in the front of the plane, with the pilot in the back. I had my aviators on, and they let me attach my gopro. I was a little nervous to go upside down, but my pilot was very prefessional. Would definetly recommend it

Visited October 2016
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“S P E C T A C U L A R ! ! !”
Reviewed 28 August 2016

So lucky we were… Flying over this breathtaking New Zealand landscape with Peter on a truly perfect day! Thanks to the whole team of Classic Flights! :)

Visited August 2016
Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Incredible staff and experience”
Reviewed 18 July 2016

My husband is a pilot so naturally we had to do some flying while we were in New Zealand. We had been recommended by a friend of ours, also a pilot, to check out the folks at Classic Flights. We were blown away! The owners Peter and Julie, a husband and wife team, run a solid business with incredible pilots to help you experience New Zealand from the air in some really amazing aircraft. We chose to do formation flying in their WWII Tiger Moth biplanes. It was so much fun and something we will remember forever. Thank you all for such a memorable day!

Visited May 2016
“Wanaka Classic Flights ”
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

This was an amazing experience from start to finish. It was something I always wanted to do and thanks to the people at Wanaka Classic Flights I was able to do the flight.
You could not ask for better service.

Visited July 2016