“Wanaka Classic Flights ”
Review of Classic Flights

Classic Flights
Ranked #21 of 59 Tours in Wanaka
More attraction details
Owner description: Vintage Tiger Moth Scenic Flights with Classic Flights Wanaka, New Zealand. Have you ever dreamed of experiencing a piece of aviation history? To step back in time where Pilots were larger than life, and heroes to all those who lifted their eyes skyward to the sound of an old Tigermoth flying overhead? Then take a flightseeing trip around Wanaka and see breathtaking New Zealand scenery in a Vintage Aircraft. Experience the excitement of the early flyers and their flying machines; the smell of oil and aviation fuel, combined with the aroma of fresh leather. As you don the old-style leather flying helmet, complete with flying goggles and silk scarf, experience the anticipation of being taken back in time to the nostalgia of this by-gone era.The exhilaration of the open cockpit and the wind in your face - discover the freedom and romance of a vintage scenic flight from Wanaka, one of the most spectacular scenic locations in New Zealand.
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

This was an amazing experience from start to finish. It was something I always wanted to do and thanks to the people at Wanaka Classic Flights I was able to do the flight.
You could not ask for better service.

Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

Xmas present for the boss (she who must be obeyed). We went out in a pair of tiger moths. Surprisingly gentle flight even with some aerobatics. There's Nothing to compare with an open cockpit but still pretty well protected from the elements.

You're well briefed and looked after and made to feel welcome. Even donning the Biggles outfits feels right. Lovely views out over the lake and something to remember forever.

We had to reschedule a few times because of bad weather so book early to give time to reschedule if the weather looks bad. They don't fly if too windy.

The planes are a piece of history. Don't miss it.

Reviewed 11 February 2016 via mobile

Superlatives are not enough to describe this adventure. Two WWII Tiger Moth Biplanes. Two pilots, flying together up the lake and setting down on the shore. A romantic picnic for two. Pure awesomeness. Six stars.

Reviewed 16 January 2016

Having donned the Biggles style outfit, we took to the skies in the Tiger Moth. What a beautiful plane, providing stunning views over the lake and its surrounds. I wasn’t sure what to expect with the open cockpit, but it was tranquil and pretty much wind free. The option of aerobatics was offered at the outset so plucked up the courage and went for it. It’s not often I’m stunned into silence (in a good way) and there are not many opportunities in life to look at mountains upside down – this is one of them! The landing was also the smoothest I’ve ever experienced in any type of plane. I cannot recommend this enough – the size of my grin at the end said it all.

Reviewed 3 January 2016

As I arrived I felt I was treated as a VIP. Peter Hendriks the owner was so friendly and welcoming for a flight of my life.
I climbed to the height of 2-3,000 feet and then had the thrill of a life time when the pilot told me to get ready to do loop the loop--fantastic!!! and what an experience.
I highly recommend this amazing experience to anyone that wants a thrill.
To Peter thank you very much from John from the UK.