“Awesome flight.”
Review of Classic Flights

Classic Flights
Ranked #22 of 59 Tours in Wanaka
More attraction details
Owner description: Vintage Tiger Moth Scenic Flights with Classic Flights Wanaka, New Zealand. Have you ever dreamed of experiencing a piece of aviation history? To step back in time where Pilots were larger than life, and heroes to all those who lifted their eyes skyward to the sound of an old Tigermoth flying overhead? Then take a flightseeing trip around Wanaka and see breathtaking New Zealand scenery in a Vintage Aircraft. Experience the excitement of the early flyers and their flying machines; the smell of oil and aviation fuel, combined with the aroma of fresh leather. As you don the old-style leather flying helmet, complete with flying goggles and silk scarf, experience the anticipation of being taken back in time to the nostalgia of this by-gone era.The exhilaration of the open cockpit and the wind in your face - discover the freedom and romance of a vintage scenic flight from Wanaka, one of the most spectacular scenic locations in New Zealand.
Reviewed 3 January 2016

As I arrived I felt I was treated as a VIP. Peter Hendriks the owner was so friendly and welcoming for a flight of my life.
I climbed to the height of 2-3,000 feet and then had the thrill of a life time when the pilot told me to get ready to do loop the loop--fantastic!!! and what an experience.
I highly recommend this amazing experience to anyone that wants a thrill.
To Peter thank you very much from John from the UK.

Reviewed 21 December 2015

Don't put it off, do it now. My wife gave me the Barn Storming flight for my birthday and it was the best experience. Nothing beats the feeling of flying in an open cockpit with whole world around you, especially when the the view is of the lake and southern alps.

Yes, you must do the loop.

Great people, great planes, great flight. Big Thanks to all the team at Classic Flights.

Reviewed 2 August 2015

Very professional set up, building confidence to sit in the open front seat of a Tiger Moth over wonderful scenery. Very highly recommended. Not cheap but worth the money. Do it.

1  Thank MelvynC_12
ClassicFlights, Public Relations Manager at Classic Flights, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2015

Hi Melvyn,
Thanks for your review and recommendation. Glad to hear you enjoyed your experience with us! We look forward to seeing you again sometime!
Thanks,

Reviewed 18 June 2015 via mobile

I have been putting off this review for the simple reason that I can't find the words to describe my flight.
My husband and I had booked a flight for both of us in the Waco but when we arrived the sight of a beautifully maintained Tiger Moth was my undoing! I have for a very long time wanted to fly in a Tiger Moth and here was my chance. My poor husband was grounded while I took to the air over Lake Wanaka dressed in my flying gear on a perfect Autumn afternoon. Despite usually being a nervous flyer I decided this was a real YOLO experience and braved a Loop and Barrel Roll........WOW!!!!
Thanks to Pete's reassurance (and his 30 years in a cockpit) I put a big tick on my Bucket List.
Absolutely the highlight of this trip and quite possibly of all my other past holidays!

Hi DeDe,
Thank you for your review, we are so pleased to hear that your experience with us was a highlight of your trip! Good on you for making the most of your flight and going for the aerobatics! Sounds like you're a true barnstormer! We completely agree with you on the Tigermoth - they are such a beautiful aircraft. Thanks again - we'll see you next time!
Cheers,

Reviewed 28 April 2015

My husband went up in the Tiger Moth with Devon and my 7 year old son and I in the Waco with Pete on a picture perfect day in Wanaka. It was, as I said in the review title, breathtaking. The scenery was stunning and the crisp autumn air was invigorating. The thrill of the open cockpit is something every aviation aficionado should experience, actually anyone at all would walk away a different person after this type of flight. You will, as we now do, want to experience the freedom of flight-as it was intended-again and again.

Also worth mentioning is that the aircraft are stunning, in pristine condition, which shows the amount of passion and dedication that Classic Flights has for not only their inventory(including the helmets, gloves, flight suits, bomber jackets, and historical items on display) but for aviation in general. Although we live thousands of miles away we plan on returning to fly again with this fantastic group of people. Pete, Julie, and the rest of the crew--Thank you!! Hope to see you again soon!

Hi Shannon,
Thanks so much for your review and kind words - we always love to hear that customers have enjoyed their time with us. Autumn is one of our favourite times to fly, and it sounds like you got to experience the freedom of flight in the truest sense of the word! We look forward to seeing you again - maybe for some barnstorming next time!
Thanks,