Lowest prices for your stay
US$251
View deal
Orbitz.com
Priceline
US$251
View deal
StayForLong
Agoda.comUS$250
All reviews wonderful hosts small number of rooms each evening hot tub wonderful property wine tour south island week tour peace and quiet our honeymoon sitting area excellent accommodation separate bedroom spent two nights canapes suite nz
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 January 2020

We stayed at Lime Tree Lodge for 2 nights whilst on a 3 week tour of the south island and this was one of my favourite places. From the moment we arrived we were looked after and you can tell the team here really want your stay to be perfect. The property is a little way out of Wanaka. This meant it is quieter than being in town and you are surrounded by fields, animals, birds and peace and quiet. WONDERFUL.

Our suite was beautiful with doors opening up onto the lawn - it had everything you could want whilst on holiday.
Each evening there were complimentary canapes and drinks - while we were there these were hosted by Lisa. She was so lovely, chatty and willing to help however she could. It was a fabulous opportunity to meet other people staying at Lime Tree Lodge - like one big happy family all sitting around the fire talking.
On our first night we were tired so decided to have dinner at the property - what a fantastic decision. The food was sensational and we sat around the big dining table chatting to another couple staying there.
On the second day we ate out at lunchtime so only wanted nibbles in the evening. We decided to sit by the pool and Lisa was so kind to keep coming out and checking on us to see if we needed anything (she even brought us canapes and wine).
A fabulous place to stay - would highly recommend.

Room tip: The suites are fabulous however all rooms are very high quality with doors opening onto the lawns and gardens.
Date of stay: December 2019
yob2014, General Manager at Lime Tree Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2020

Thanks for the review and so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Lisa is a gem and we're so pleased to have her on board. Let us know if you want to come back.

Regards

Reviewed 19 January 2020

Very disappointed to have to leave this review. My wife and I spent two nights of our honeymoon here at Lime Tree Lodge, and very much enjoyed our stay while were there…the entire property was really nice and our rooms were spacious and comfortable. It was pouring rain while we were there and our planned activities had been canceled. The hotel offered to arrange a wine tour, and we thanked them for this and signed up for it. When we were checking out, we specifically asked the check-out person whether there were any outstanding charges and she said everything had been taken care of.

On the day we arrived home, I received a telephone call from the lady that worked at reception who had assisted us. She began by asking if we had left any clothes there. I told her that I didn’t think so, and she said there were male trousers that had been left. Seeing nothing missing, I asked her to send us a picture and she agreed to do so. The photos indicated that these were not our clothes, and I informed them of this. She then said in a rather accusatory tone of voice that we had left without paying for the wine tour. My wife and I told her that we specifically asked if there were any outstanding charges that needed to be cleared up before we left, and were told that our cards had already been charged. Thus, I asked her to send me an invoice showing what we already paid. She sent a message on Expedia stating that we had left without paying and asking for us to pay. I told her that I thought my card had already been charged, and promptly paid the charges that they had forgotten to bill on our card.

I thought this whole interaction was very unprofessional. They forgot to add charges to our bill, and then acted like we intentionally left without paying and then said that we had left clothes behind (when we didn’t). I would suggest that the receptionist take a course on better customer service, because the rudeness of this interaction ruined the experience for me. I would not go back.

Date of stay: December 2019

Hi Nelson,

We are so pleased so had a great stay with us and we are so upset about your final experience with us. The billing aspect of our business is always a tricky question and we unfortunately all make mistakes, especially during the busy season.

On behalf of all the team here, I would like to apologize as it is not our standard practice. We simply had some miscommunication with the wine tour operator and thought he was the one taking the payment from his side.

However we all learn from our mistakes and we have been even more careful with these type of situation since it happened to you.

If there's anything I could do to help, please let me know.

Reviewed 19 January 2020 via mobile

The property is located on the outskirts of Wanaka. This is a boutique lodge with a small number of rooms. We were very fortunate to have been upgraded to the suite which was very spacious, very clean and very homely. The grounds on which this property is situated has the feeling of a country estate with its beautiful gardens and animals. Breakfast is also cooked for your personal taste. Overall, we found this to be a stunning property.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thanks for the review, glad you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 4 December 2019 via mobile

Had a great stay with my family. Very clean and updated. Perfect atmosphere to mingle with interesting people. Great breakfast. Left one shoe there and it was promptly mailed back to USA. Recommend highly.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thanks for the review! it was great having you here too.

Cheers

Reviewed 24 November 2019 via mobile

We fell in love with this place. Linda welcomed us in this wonderful property and showed us around. We soon smelled the delicious odors emanating from the kitchen where Nico, the Chef, was preparing the dinner for the guests who like to stay. It would be the biggest mistake not to dine there. Nico is so talented and prepares exquisite dishes, that will please all your senses!! We felt like we were invited to friends place, except that none of our friends can cook as well :) Linda also contributes significantly to the guests wellbeing. She is authentic and pays attention to details. The property is a dream, with wonderful gardens, everything spotless and well maintained. The rooms and beds are also very very comfortable. You wake up with the songs of the birds. We left this morning and already miss the lodge and their wonderful hosts, thanks again to the entire team, also those behind the scene (e.g. cleaning)