Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
10/10 views and staff

My husband and I came here on our honeymoon for a bit of a thrill. It was an absolutely amazing... read more

Reviewed 17 April 2021
Xens1269
Beyond the bucket list

My skydiving experience on 29/1/2021 was absolutely spectacular and safe! Huge shout out to the... read more

Reviewed 24 February 2021
caberyl
Auckland, New Zealand

Recommended experiences in and around Wanaka
from US$238.38
from US$26.26
from US$150.69
from US$134.31
More Info
All reviews tandem master bucket list video instructor plane photos camera footage crew flyer scenery thrill
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 January 2019 via mobile

The skydive was a great experience. The crew are very well organised and it didn't take too long before we were in the air. The gear was all in good condition and the staff friendly. The the skydive was awesome. Fantastic views of the mountains and lakes, and the weather was lovely.

As some others have said, it felt a little bit like a processing factory onnthe ground getting ready, but I suppose thats what it is.

I did feel that the photo packages were a bit expensive. I went for the most expensive one, and am glad that I did. I'm not planning on skydiving again and didn't want to miss out on photos of the experience.
The different perspectives of the photos (some from your tandem instructors arm, some from another skydiver/cameraman) are definitely good to have. I can understand that having a camera man skydiving with you is not cheap, but perhaps the tandem instructor taking photos should be included in the price.

KirstyB1643, Front Office Manager at Skydive Wanaka, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2019

Hi martinp2016

Thanks for your review! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your jump with us here in wonderful Wanaka. Skydiving is certainly a fantastic way to take in the beautiful views the area has to offer.

We like to think our dropzone runs like a well-oiled machine. Sometimes we can have more than 200 people booked in for a jump, so making sure everything on the ground and in the sky runs efficiently is key to ensuring everyone gets a chance to jump and experiences the feelings and fun you felt when you skydived!

Good choice on picking the ultimate package - it certainly is the best one to capture all the different angles of your jump.

Thanks again for taking the time to write us a review!

Kind regards,
The Skydive Wanaka team

Reviewed 16 January 2019 via mobile

I did 12,000ft and it was just amazing, freaking awesome experience!!! The staffs from skydive Wanaka, they are just great and so friendly.

Date of experience: January 2019
Phoebe C, Guest Relations Manager at Skydive Wanaka, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2019

Hello,

We are so glad you had such an amazing experience with us at Skydive Wanaka.

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed 14 January 2019 via mobile

This place has skydiving down to a science. They pump people through like a factory. So they know what they're doing, but there's no sort of personal connection with your instructor. What annoyed me about this place is that we were booked for 10am, and the night before they asked us if we could come earlier in the morning. We agreed on 830, but once we got there they had us waiting around for an hour!! Nothing got going until 930am. Everyone was being herded like cattle, and I didn't like that. They also tried to continually upsell you. The check in ladies want you to pay more for a higher jump, then they want you to pay $200+ for A PHOTO of you in the air!!! The actual jump was great, it was just the before and after that rubbed me the wrong way.

Hello,

We always go out of our way to re-book our customers the night before if we know there is bad weather coming, as we want to optimise good weather windows which increase your chance of jumping.

The whole skydiving process takes up to three hours. This allows us time to check in customers, determine loads by heights and camera options, and configure a safe weight and balance for the aircraft.

Our camera packages begin with $199 camera option which includes over 40 photos and a video of your whole experience, not just a photo, as you said.

We will definitely take the rest of your feedback on board, as we pride ourselves on our professional and friendly customer service. I'm really sorry you didn't receive that service when you jumped with us.

I'm really glad you enjoyed your jump however.

Many thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed 8 January 2019 via mobile

I was so scared when I arrived at the skydive centre but the pep talks given by my instructor "kerk" really alleviated all my fears. The best part of the dive was the free fall and thank God we took 12000 feet dive as it gave us the opportunity to see the so beautiful scenery all around us. With such nice weather and no delays I think you guys are the best centre for skydiving. And I would definitely recommend kerk to be your instructor.... thanks a lot guys

Hello,

Our instructors are great at giving pep talks to all of our nervous customers, and we are glad in this instance that your fears were alleviated by Kirk's pep talk.

Thanks for sharing your amazing experience, and we hope to see you again one day.

Many thanks.

Reviewed 7 January 2019 via mobile

It was amazing. Very funny and experienced instructor (and cut).
BUT DON'T TAKE THE VIDEO. I get some nice pics and a promotional video...

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We love our funny and experienced instructors, and are wrapped that you had an amazing time at Skydive Wanaka.

Many thanks.