Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:30 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Skydive Wanaka tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Skydive Wanaka
from US$209.70
from US$321.91
from US$244.76
More Info
All reviews beautiful stranger free fall tandem master video package amazing experience tandem partner lifetime experience adrenaline rush whole team mt cook photos and videos these guys bucket list safety briefing scenic flight southern alps amazing views
Reviewed 16 January 2019 via mobile

I did 12,000ft and it was just amazing, freaking awesome experience!!! The staffs from skydive Wanaka, they are just great and so friendly.

Date of experience: January 2019
Phoebe C, Guest Relations Manager at Skydive Wanaka, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2019

Hello,

We are so glad you had such an amazing experience with us at Skydive Wanaka.

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Reviewed 14 January 2019 via mobile

This place has skydiving down to a science. They pump people through like a factory. So they know what they're doing, but there's no sort of personal connection with your instructor. What annoyed me about this place is that we were booked for 10am, and the night before they asked us if we could come earlier in the morning. We agreed on 830, but once we got there they had us waiting around for an hour!! Nothing got going until 930am. Everyone was being herded like cattle, and I didn't like that. They also tried to continually upsell you. The check in ladies want you to pay more for a higher jump, then they want you to pay $200+ for A PHOTO of you in the air!!! The actual jump was great, it was just the before and after that rubbed me the wrong way.

Hello,

We always go out of our way to re-book our customers the night before if we know there is bad weather coming, as we want to optimise good weather windows which increase your chance of jumping.

The whole skydiving process takes up to three hours. This allows us time to check in customers, determine loads by heights and camera options, and configure a safe weight and balance for the aircraft.

Our camera packages begin with $199 camera option which includes over 40 photos and a video of your whole experience, not just a photo, as you said.

We will definitely take the rest of your feedback on board, as we pride ourselves on our professional and friendly customer service. I'm really sorry you didn't receive that service when you jumped with us.

I'm really glad you enjoyed your jump however.

Many thanks for your feedback.

Reviewed 8 January 2019 via mobile

I was so scared when I arrived at the skydive centre but the pep talks given by my instructor "kerk" really alleviated all my fears. The best part of the dive was the free fall and thank God we took 12000 feet dive as it gave us the opportunity to see the so beautiful scenery all around us. With such nice weather and no delays I think you guys are the best centre for skydiving. And I would definitely recommend kerk to be your instructor.... thanks a lot guys

Hello,

Our instructors are great at giving pep talks to all of our nervous customers, and we are glad in this instance that your fears were alleviated by Kirk's pep talk.

Thanks for sharing your amazing experience, and we hope to see you again one day.

Reviewed 7 January 2019 via mobile

It was amazing. Very funny and experienced instructor (and cut).
BUT DON'T TAKE THE VIDEO. I get some nice pics and a promotional video...

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We love our funny and experienced instructors, and are wrapped that you had an amazing time at Skydive Wanaka.

Reviewed 6 January 2019 via mobile

If you’re looking to step out of your comfort zone this is definitely the place to do it!
The staff is great and seem very profesional and sure about what they were doing.
The best views in all of new Zeland!!

Date of experience: December 2018

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to share your great experience. We are so lucky to have such fantastic staff, and amazing views,