“Awesome experience with a great instructor!”
Review of Skydive Wanaka

Skydive Wanaka
Ranked #16 of 59 Tours in Wanaka
More attraction details
Owner description: Strap yourself to a Beautiful Stranger and jump from a perfectly good plane, freefalling from 15,000 feet above NZ's highest snow capped mountains!! Skydive Wanaka is New Zealand's most spectacular, multi award winning, high altitude tandem skydive. This incredible scenic experience captures views of Mt Cook, Mt Aspiring, glaciers, lakes and rivers! Capture your huge freefall grin with freefall DVD and digital pictures - How big is your smile?
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Did my first ever skydive from 12000ft today with Skydive Wanaka. Our initial booking with NZONE last week was cancelled due to bad weather and I am glad we managed to do it here today with perfect weather!

My instructor was Sambo who made the whole experience great for me! I was very nervous and kept asking about my very loose harness before boarding the plane (it's supposed to be loose, will be tightened later in the plane onto your instructor).. Sambo pretended to be not very sure about that loose harness in the typical NZ humour, but he made very sure to assure me later on the plane and kept checking on me. After being strapped to him, I immediately felt safe and then... Out the plane we go!

He took care to check on me during the freefall and pointed out to me certain lakes in the scenery. Overall, fantastic experience, I felt well taken care of!

Only 2 things to note: (1) you need to be patient because we waited 1.5h from our check in time before we could be strapped up, and (2) I think they should offer a discounted 2nd jump because I would have definitely done it! :D

Kirsty B, Front Office Manager at Skydive Wanaka, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Hi Jingru O

Thanks so much for taking the time to come on here and write us such a lovely review. I am so glad to hear Sambo went above and beyond to make your skydive experience an enjoyable one.

We always recommend our customers allow 2-3 hours with us here at the dropzone to complete the skydive process. There is a lot of planning involved to get everyone up in the skies and jumping, so it can sometime take a while to get going.

Also, we DO offer discounted 2nd jumps! It is $50 discount off your second jump - you must book direct with our call centre to receive this discount, and this can be used at Skydive Wanaka, or our sister dropzones - Nzone Skydive in Queenstown, and Skydive Southern Alps in Glenorchy. This is valid for 1 week after your first jump, so get in there quick!!!

Thanks again for the review!

Kind regards,

in 12 reviews

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Kirsty B, Front Office Manager at Skydive Wanaka, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018