“Couldnt have picked a better place to skydive”
Review of Skydive Wanaka

US$318.38*
15000ft Tandem Skydive in Wanaka
Ranked #3 of 59 Tours in Wanaka
More attraction details
Owner description: Strap yourself to a Beautiful Stranger and jump from a perfectly good plane, freefalling from 15,000 feet above NZ's highest snow capped mountains!! Skydive Wanaka is New Zealand's most spectacular, multi award winning, high altitude tandem skydive. This incredible scenic experience captures views of Mt Cook, Mt Aspiring, glaciers, lakes and rivers! Capture your huge freefall grin with freefall DVD and digital pictures - How big is your smile?
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 7 April 2017

I was told Wanaka was the most prettiest to skydive. Even though I had to wait an hour or so due to my last minute booking and me getting there a little late Skydive Wanaka gave me what I wanted for my first skydive ever. It is the most expensive skydive, but it was my choosing. The staff was very professional and did their part well. I did get the extra person to jump and record me since it was my first skydive ever and it was expensive, but worth it to me. If you do decided to have the camera flyer guy then check the video for sound after. My video they edited didn't have sound for whatever reason. I will say that the camera flyer guy tries to hype you up which I understand, but kind of hokey to me. I'd recommend ignoring him and just take in how beautiful Wanaka is from that height. Also, pray to the skydive Gods that the weather cooperates. It's NZ and the south Islands anything can happen in a short period.

Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

I have just done my 1st skydive at wanaka, it was awesome Experience for me.. I want to do it again.. special thanks to my instructor 'api' have done a great job on taken nice video and nice angles... once again it was worth to try skydive.. you will never regret on its...

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

The experience is phenomenal! Skydiving itself is a pretty "standard" sport that is found worldwide but what stands out here for SkyDive Wanaka is two things: professionalism and the natural surrounding beauty of the Wanaka skydiving area. From the onset, you can tell the team takes safety as a huge priority and the ground and main tandem guy check, double check and triple check you are safely harnessed to them. The camera flyer guy (the secondary sky diver that takes a video of you while in the air: comes at a cost though) and the main tandem guy are hugely funny and reassuring so you can Ensure you are (mostly) relaxed for the jump. Once you are out of the plane, oh my, the free falling experience combined with the scenery took my breath away. No amount of money could describe the moment. The landing was smooth and safe and throughout the fall, the tandem guy gave clear instructions to Ensure everything is smooth.

In all, I would give this experience a 6 star if I could. Please do yourself a favour and spend that extra cash to tick off this "bucket" experience.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

An expierence like no other! Took me a while to make my mind and i am so glad i take the jump :).
Overall it's a very professional and streamlined operation. My tandem master is Tigger is the cool and calm type. Nice guy.
Enjoy the every bit of the journey. Already looking forward to my next jump.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

This was my first time skydive. I did the 12000ft jump and was really exciting. My tandem partner was Sam.He was really good in explaining the procedures of skydive that make me feel safe and secure.I love the moment of being threw out from the plane.It was really awesome! I'm totally happy for the whole process and felt regret for not having 15000ft jump.Anyway, I'm totally happy with my experience of 12000ft skydive. The experience of free fall was really amazing with the stunning view of wanaka! I love the free fall experience!!!