“Please just take my money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Skydive Wanaka

and up
12000ft Tandem Skydive in Wanaka
Ranked #4 of 58 Tours in Wanaka
More attraction details
Owner description: Strap yourself to a Beautiful Stranger and jump from a perfectly good plane, freefalling from 15,000 feet above NZ's highest snow capped mountains!! Skydive Wanaka is New Zealand's most spectacular, multi award winning, high altitude tandem skydive. This incredible scenic experience captures views of Mt Cook, Mt Aspiring, glaciers, lakes and rivers! Capture your huge freefall grin with freefall DVD and digital pictures - How big is your smile?
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Singapore
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Please just take my money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

The experience is phenomenal! Skydiving itself is a pretty "standard" sport that is found worldwide but what stands out here for SkyDive Wanaka is two things: professionalism and the natural surrounding beauty of the Wanaka skydiving area. From the onset, you can tell the team takes safety as a huge priority and the ground and main tandem guy check, double check and triple check you are safely harnessed to them. The camera flyer guy (the secondary sky diver that takes a video of you while in the air: comes at a cost though) and the main tandem guy are hugely funny and reassuring so you can Ensure you are (mostly) relaxed for the jump. Once you are out of the plane, oh my, the free falling experience combined with the scenery took my breath away. No amount of money could describe the moment. The landing was smooth and safe and throughout the fall, the tandem guy gave clear instructions to Ensure everything is smooth.

In all, I would give this experience a 6 star if I could. Please do yourself a favour and spend that extra cash to tick off this "bucket" experience.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Shanghai, China
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Don't think twice. Just go and take the leap.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2017

An expierence like no other! Took me a while to make my mind and i am so glad i take the jump :).
Overall it's a very professional and streamlined operation. My tandem master is Tigger is the cool and calm type. Nice guy.
Enjoy the every bit of the journey. Already looking forward to my next jump.

“Awesome Experience!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2017

This was my first time skydive. I did the 12000ft jump and was really exciting. My tandem partner was Sam.He was really good in explaining the procedures of skydive that make me feel safe and secure.I love the moment of being threw out from the plane.It was really awesome! I'm totally happy for the whole process and felt regret for not having 15000ft jump.Anyway, I'm totally happy with my experience of 12000ft skydive. The experience of free fall was really amazing with the stunning view of wanaka! I love the free fall experience!!!

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2017

Very professional operation, despite a small glitch at the pickup. I was told 6:45am initially, then was changed to 7:15, but when I went down at 7:15, nobody was there. At 7:25 I was able to call though, and a van came to pick me up. I was on a tight schedule because my bus was leaving town at 1, but when I told the staff, they accommodated and got me up there quick! I got very lucky with the weather - warm without a cloud in the sky. Instructor was great and very experienced. Pricey (compared to other country sites) but worth it for the spectacular Wanaka scenery.

Visited February 2017
Napa, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Minus one ⭐️ for staff not overall experience ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Obviously skydiving is an insane awesome experience. The views are unimaginable! Beautiful! My skydiving "captain" was Jack. Awesome effort in pointing out views of interest on the way up... and down! ;)
The office staff are 2 star for me. Not polite and seemed annoyed with guests for just being there. Traveling solo, I decided to do in Wanaka while visiting a friend. Was never told I would not be on first or even second flight scheduled for my departure time until after the second group had been all called. After waiting more than an hour from my designated sign up time was finally told I'd be on the next flight. Communication and kindness is key in customer satisfaction experience.