“Awesome Experience!!!”

US$335.94*
15000ft Tandem Skydive in Wanaka
Ranked #3 of 57 Tours in Wanaka
More attraction details
Owner description: Strap yourself to a Beautiful Stranger and jump from a perfectly good plane, freefalling from 15,000 feet above NZ's highest snow capped mountains!! Skydive Wanaka is New Zealand's most spectacular, multi award winning, high altitude tandem skydive. This incredible scenic experience captures views of Mt Cook, Mt Aspiring, glaciers, lakes and rivers! Capture your huge freefall grin with freefall DVD and digital pictures - How big is your smile?
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 13 March 2017

This was my first time skydive. I did the 12000ft jump and was really exciting. My tandem partner was Sam.He was really good in explaining the procedures of skydive that make me feel safe and secure.I love the moment of being threw out from the plane.It was really awesome! I'm totally happy for the whole process and felt regret for not having 15000ft jump.Anyway, I'm totally happy with my experience of 12000ft skydive. The experience of free fall was really amazing with the stunning view of wanaka! I love the free fall experience!!!

There are newer reviews for Skydive Wanaka

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Very professional operation, despite a small glitch at the pickup. I was told 6:45am initially, then was changed to 7:15, but when I went down at 7:15, nobody was there. At 7:25 I was able to call though, and a van came to pick me up. I was on a tight schedule because my bus was leaving town at 1, but when I told the staff, they accommodated and got me up there quick! I got very lucky with the weather - warm without a cloud in the sky. Instructor was great and very experienced. Pricey (compared to other country sites) but worth it for the spectacular Wanaka scenery.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Obviously skydiving is an insane awesome experience. The views are unimaginable! Beautiful! My skydiving "captain" was Jack. Awesome effort in pointing out views of interest on the way up... and down! ;)
The office staff are 2 star for me. Not polite and seemed annoyed with guests for just being there. Traveling solo, I decided to do in Wanaka while visiting a friend. Was never told I would not be on first or even second flight scheduled for my departure time until after the second group had been all called. After waiting more than an hour from my designated sign up time was finally told I'd be on the next flight. Communication and kindness is key in customer satisfaction experience.

Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

The reason I chose skydive wanaka was the location, I heard it was beautiful from the sky (more so than Queenstown ) I was glad I chose wanaka although haven't tried the other locations but it was beautiful and well worth it.

So the main priority (for me at least) when skydiving is safety. I felt safe and confident the entire process. They had good wifi in their waiting area so that was good. Would be nice if they had some water jugs and glasses as when you get nervous you tend to need to drink water.

Our wait was quite long, we waited an hour after check in to head up the plane and we were the second out of three scheduled at the same time. Would be nice if during busy seasons they had more time slots so you aren't waiting around for so long.

In the waiting area/check in area I wasn't really quite sure and wasn't really directed what to do when arriving. I was handed a jumpsuit but not told where to go or what to do either. It seemed a bit chaotic.

Once you are out in the hanger area the guys were great and really helpful telling you what you need to do and helping you out. They were happy to take our pictures and explained what you needed to be doing and what was going on, so that was really appreciated.

The plane and jump was great, like I said I always felt safe so I wasn't nervous. Would definitely recommend and would definitely do it again.

Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

Did the 15.000 ft jump and was really nervous, but felt secure in the company of my tandem partner Lois, who was relaxed and funny. I'm totally happy, that I did the skydive at Wanaka with its stunning landscape and would definitly recommend it!!! Amazing experience and so much fun!