“Minus one ⭐️ for staff not overall experience ”
Review of Skydive Wanaka

and up
12000ft Tandem Skydive in Wanaka
Ranked #4 of 58 Tours in Wanaka
More attraction details
Owner description: Strap yourself to a Beautiful Stranger and jump from a perfectly good plane, freefalling from 15,000 feet above NZ's highest snow capped mountains!! Skydive Wanaka is New Zealand's most spectacular, multi award winning, high altitude tandem skydive. This incredible scenic experience captures views of Mt Cook, Mt Aspiring, glaciers, lakes and rivers! Capture your huge freefall grin with freefall DVD and digital pictures - How big is your smile?
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Baby buggy parking
Napa, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Minus one ⭐️ for staff not overall experience ”
Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

Obviously skydiving is an insane awesome experience. The views are unimaginable! Beautiful! My skydiving "captain" was Jack. Awesome effort in pointing out views of interest on the way up... and down! ;)
The office staff are 2 star for me. Not polite and seemed annoyed with guests for just being there. Traveling solo, I decided to do in Wanaka while visiting a friend. Was never told I would not be on first or even second flight scheduled for my departure time until after the second group had been all called. After waiting more than an hour from my designated sign up time was finally told I'd be on the next flight. Communication and kindness is key in customer satisfaction experience.

Visited March 2017

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bentonville, Arkansas
107 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Great time ”
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

The reason I chose skydive wanaka was the location, I heard it was beautiful from the sky (more so than Queenstown ) I was glad I chose wanaka although haven't tried the other locations but it was beautiful and well worth it.

So the main priority (for me at least) when skydiving is safety. I felt safe and confident the entire process. They had good wifi in their waiting area so that was good. Would be nice if they had some water jugs and glasses as when you get nervous you tend to need to drink water.

Our wait was quite long, we waited an hour after check in to head up the plane and we were the second out of three scheduled at the same time. Would be nice if during busy seasons they had more time slots so you aren't waiting around for so long.

In the waiting area/check in area I wasn't really quite sure and wasn't really directed what to do when arriving. I was handed a jumpsuit but not told where to go or what to do either. It seemed a bit chaotic.

Once you are out in the hanger area the guys were great and really helpful telling you what you need to do and helping you out. They were happy to take our pictures and explained what you needed to be doing and what was going on, so that was really appreciated.

The plane and jump was great, like I said I always felt safe so I wasn't nervous. Would definitely recommend and would definitely do it again.

Visited March 2017
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simply amazing!”
Reviewed 8 March 2017 via mobile

Did the 15.000 ft jump and was really nervous, but felt secure in the company of my tandem partner Lois, who was relaxed and funny. I'm totally happy, that I did the skydive at Wanaka with its stunning landscape and would definitly recommend it!!! Amazing experience and so much fun!

Visited January 2017
Paihia, New Zealand
“Exhillerating!”
Reviewed 6 March 2017

What an awesome time! Lively, passionate instructors, beautiful views, and modern gear - highly recommended!

Visited February 2017
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing views and a lot of excitement!”
Reviewed 4 March 2017

Due to bad weather my friend and I were almost unable to do our jump but the staff were very accommodating, we were booked for 11am but had to push it back till 2pm when the sun finally came out. Luckily we were allowed to do it!

I did the 12000ft jump, I wasn't a huge fan of the free fall so that was quite long enough for me rather than doing the 15000ft. The views from the sky are incredible and the instructors are very friendly and do everything to keep you calm and make sure you get the most out of your jump. They even let you have a go at steering the chute!

The only issue I have is that you cannot take your own goPro with you, even if it is the EXACT same ones they use themselves purely so you have to pay them for photos and videos which are insanely expensive. I did purchase my photos (thought I'd get the ones from my first ever jump) which were roughly $170 but I probably wouldn't buy them if I did another jump unless the scenery was totally different.

So I had a lot of fun, really loved the scenery (I've heard a lot that Wanaka scenery is better than Queenstown and now I see why) and I would highly recommend it! (Also if you get a GoPlay discount card you will get money off!)

Visited February 2017