“Exhillerating!”

US$314.40*
15000ft Tandem Skydive in Wanaka
Ranked #3 of 59 Tours in Wanaka
More attraction details
Owner description: Strap yourself to a Beautiful Stranger and jump from a perfectly good plane, freefalling from 15,000 feet above NZ's highest snow capped mountains!! Skydive Wanaka is New Zealand's most spectacular, multi award winning, high altitude tandem skydive. This incredible scenic experience captures views of Mt Cook, Mt Aspiring, glaciers, lakes and rivers! Capture your huge freefall grin with freefall DVD and digital pictures - How big is your smile?
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 6 March 2017

What an awesome time! Lively, passionate instructors, beautiful views, and modern gear - highly recommended!

Reviewed 4 March 2017

Due to bad weather my friend and I were almost unable to do our jump but the staff were very accommodating, we were booked for 11am but had to push it back till 2pm when the sun finally came out. Luckily we were allowed to do it!

I did the 12000ft jump, I wasn't a huge fan of the free fall so that was quite long enough for me rather than doing the 15000ft. The views from the sky are incredible and the instructors are very friendly and do everything to keep you calm and make sure you get the most out of your jump. They even let you have a go at steering the chute!

The only issue I have is that you cannot take your own goPro with you, even if it is the EXACT same ones they use themselves purely so you have to pay them for photos and videos which are insanely expensive. I did purchase my photos (thought I'd get the ones from my first ever jump) which were roughly $170 but I probably wouldn't buy them if I did another jump unless the scenery was totally different.

So I had a lot of fun, really loved the scenery (I've heard a lot that Wanaka scenery is better than Queenstown and now I see why) and I would highly recommend it! (Also if you get a GoPlay discount card you will get money off!)

Reviewed 2 March 2017

If you want to jump out of a plane surrounded by the most beautiful views in the world, Skydive Wanaka is the place to do it. You’ll fly 12,000 or 15,000 feet into the sky and jump out attached to your “beautiful stranger.” After free-falling through icy clouds for 15 seconds, your tandem jumper will release your chute and you’ll see stunning views of Lakes Wanaka and Hāwea with the Remarkables mountain range in the background. This was definitely one of the most incredible and exhilarating experiences of my life and I felt totally safe with the professional Skydive Wanaka team. Don’t miss this activity- it’s one you will never forget! Book in advance as reservations fill up.

Reviewed 28 February 2017

It is the perfect place to enjoy this experience, good staff. You will see lakes, moutains and more.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

I can't say enough good things about this experience. DO IT!! One of the most thrilling and fun things I've ever done, and in the most spectacular scenery you can imagine. They've got the process down, and my guide Jason and photographer Brittany were both SO professional, warm, friendly and reassuring... I wasn't a bit nervous (well, maybe a tiny bit) by the time we tumbled out.. and tumbling out was SPECTACULAR, what a thrill. The fall was amazing, the drift even more so; Jason even let me take the controls for a spin. The landing had always been my fear but Jason set my feet gently on the ground and we easily walked away. Absolutely a highlight of our trip to NZ, and of my life.