“Something different”
Review of Big Fig Wanaka

Big Fig Wanaka
Ranked #1 of 12 Quick Bites in Wanaka
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Description: We're all about slow food, served fast. Big Fig hits the sweet spot between food that’s really good and ready to go. Our dishes are fresh, made by chefs and packed with flavour. You choose a plate size and we fill it the way you want. Come fill your plate with deliciousness! We’re fully licensed and everything can be eaten in or taken away – Big Fig is perfect by-the-lake picnic food.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Slow cooked lamb was very good with the mint yoghurt but the highlight of the meal was the roasted cauliflower & sweet potato bake. Was nice to try something different on our journey around NZ with my wife getting the medium meatballs and I the large plate of lamb. We shared it with our 18 month old. I also had the broccoli salad which I would recommend while my wife had the carrot salad. Both of which I would have again. They also had a high chair which would be very handy for travelling families.

1  Thank Zane B

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very tasty slow food at affordable prices. If you would like to get something different than in most other places this is a great place for lunch or dinner. Vegan/Vegetarian options are also available.

1  Thank BertB301
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Love the idea of picking the size plate and filling up. Food was delicious and coffee was great too!

1  Thank Wafs88
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I tried the lamb and the spicy meatballs
The side vegetable options are good ,skip the salads (they are ok,but nothing to rave about) all the other stuff was really good
Medium size plate is just enough,if you are really hungry get the big
Service is good and food is very good
I have been here twice

2  Thank Travelgirl0007
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were looking for something to eat when on a day trip in Wanaka and wanted something different after eating out for 4 days solid. This was perfect ! We shared 2 medium plates between 3 of us (we weren’t that hungry) and it was the perfect amount of food and delicious too. Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank EmmaW3461