“Great Food”
Review of Hydro Cafe

Hydro Cafe
Ranked #1 of 4 Quick Bites in Twizel
Reviewed 3 August 2022

Awesome food and service, pleasantly surprised with the funky cafe in Twizel. Will be back for sure, great variety of hot and cold food

Date of visit: August 2022

Reviewed 5 February 2022

Obviously a local favourite and extra points for the adjacent bookstore. Good hot chocolate on a cold morning, appealing cabinet food although the staff looked a little under pressure - it can't be easy operating city-style fare in a village like Twizel. Good refuelling stop.

Date of visit: January 2022
1  Thank Jo H
Reviewed 1 January 2022 via mobile

Pretty disappointed with the food. I ordered a chicken panini and the chicken was about the size of a .50 piece. The milkshake with ice cream was runny with no hints of ice cream. The upside was the sausage rolls were divine! Thankfully the kids didn’t like them so I managed to get some food!

Date of visit: December 2021
Reviewed 7 December 2021 via mobile

We were recommended this cafe by a tourism provider to have breakfast at before leaving on our A2O. They proudly display a “we do not discriminate “ poster, and when I asked if she could scan my vaccine pass she said “ well you can if you want to”
I mentioned that they were required to if we wanted to be seated indoors and she said “ no you don’t , I know my rights and we won’t discriminate “
This is incredibly disappointing and I had a takeaway coffee and sat outside as I am unwilling to be seated inside with potentially unvaccinated people.
The food looked good , what a shame they can’t care for their customers.

Date of visit: December 2021
2  Thank 65leighe
Reviewed 4 October 2021 via mobile

Nice coffee, Awesome cheese scones and best of all close to Jake’s hardware stores so we hung out there while waiting for coffees

Date of visit: October 2021