Lowest prices for your stay
US$95
US$85
Booking.comUS$99
PricelineUS$99
eDreamsUS$99
All reviews spa bath comfortable bed short stay one night craig radiator unit cafes
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 April 2021

We stayed for one night in a very large one bedroom unit. The unit was extremely clean but the bathroom is starting to show its age. Very comfortable bed and good pillows. Were not however impressed with the threating sign in the kitchen with regard to washing dishes, our understanding is if you stay more than one night you do the dishes as you go but not if you are only staying one night, a real let down for what other wise was a pleasant place to stay.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Warren Joyce, Owner at The Lakes Motel Twizel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2021

Hi Dudley and Freda, thank you for you review, I'm pleased that you enjoyed your stay, I am the new manager here and have made changes in regarding the sign in the kitchen

Reviewed 14 April 2020 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights during our alps to ocean cycle journey it was a lovely motel and we thoroughly enjoyed coming back after each days cycling. The rooms were so clean and the owner extremely helpful and couldn't do enough for us. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if we were ever in NZ again

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

thanks for the review pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay

Reviewed 19 March 2020

I stayed one night on my way north back to Christchurch. The property was excellent. I had a full one bedroom that way enormous. It was clean and well cared for. The only problem here is that the restaurant selection in town is minimal and certainly not exciting. Not the Motel's fault however.

Date of stay: March 2020

Hi Mike, Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us

Reviewed 14 February 2020

I organised a group of 18 to do the Alps to Ocean, We found the hotel very comfortable. I took ill and needed to stay on as was unable to walk. The owners were so kind looking after me nothing was to much trouble.

I would certainly recommend the Lakes.

Date of stay: February 2020

Awesome ! thanks for the review

Reviewed 4 February 2020

Pros: Room was clean. blankets were clean. furniture was relatively new and in very good condition. the shower was one of the best I ever had. The pressure was great. It was also a very green hotel. They provided shampoo/shower gel in wall dispenser. Parking lot was pavement (I was neutral) and well marked (that was nice)

Cons: There was no green space. It felt very industrial. One row of units faced the busy road. The bed mattress was too soften for my back. I got backpain next day.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank allerrands

Thank you for your review, we love our Jet tubs !