Lowest prices for your stay
US$129
Free cancellation until 30/04/21
Booking.comUS$129
eDreamsUS$129
Priceline
All reviews comfortable bed well equipped kitchen small kitchenette very comfortable stay overnight stop stayed one night nice place to stay warm welcome christine wifi bedroom units accommodation a2o cycle nz cafes
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 April 2020 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights during our alps to ocean cycle journey it was a lovely motel and we thoroughly enjoyed coming back after each days cycling. The rooms were so clean and the owner extremely helpful and couldn't do enough for us. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if we were ever in NZ again

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 March 2020

I stayed one night on my way north back to Christchurch. The property was excellent. I had a full one bedroom that way enormous. It was clean and well cared for. The only problem here is that the restaurant selection in town is minimal and certainly not exciting. Not the Motel's fault however.

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 14 February 2020

I organised a group of 18 to do the Alps to Ocean, We found the hotel very comfortable. I took ill and needed to stay on as was unable to walk. The owners were so kind looking after me nothing was to much trouble.

I would certainly recommend the Lakes.

Reviewed 4 February 2020

Pros: Room was clean. blankets were clean. furniture was relatively new and in very good condition. the shower was one of the best I ever had. The pressure was great. It was also a very green hotel. They provided shampoo/shower gel in wall dispenser. Parking lot was pavement (I was neutral) and well marked (that was nice)

Cons: There was no green space. It felt very industrial. One row of units faced the busy road. The bed mattress was too soften for my back. I got backpain next day.

1  Thank allerrands
Reviewed 3 February 2020

Spacious room, large bathroom, well equipped kitchen. The free Wifi was much appreciated too. Extremely comfortable bed, and lounge chairs. Spent 2 nights here for work. The management were very friendly and added that "little bit extra" for a very comfortable stay. I will definitely stay here again.

Room tip: Very close to some excellent Restaurants and the Town Centre. The Golf Course just over the road, and the Lake just a couple of kms away.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business