All reviews mount cook comfortable bed well equipped kitchen small kitchenette very comfortable stay overnight stop stayed one night nice place to stay walking distance warm welcome laundry facilities home away from home small town christine wifi supermarket bedroom
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 February 2020

I organised a group of 18 to do the Alps to Ocean, We found the hotel very comfortable. I took ill and needed to stay on as was unable to walk. The owners were so kind looking after me nothing was to much trouble.

I would certainly recommend the Lakes.

Reviewed 4 February 2020

Pros: Room was clean. blankets were clean. furniture was relatively new and in very good condition. the shower was one of the best I ever had. The pressure was great. It was also a very green hotel. They provided shampoo/shower gel in wall dispenser. Parking lot was pavement (I was neutral) and well marked (that was nice)

Cons: There was no green space. It felt very industrial. One row of units faced the busy road. The bed mattress was too soften for my back. I got backpain next day.

Reviewed 3 February 2020

Spacious room, large bathroom, well equipped kitchen. The free Wifi was much appreciated too. Extremely comfortable bed, and lounge chairs. Spent 2 nights here for work. The management were very friendly and added that "little bit extra" for a very comfortable stay. I will definitely stay here again.

Room tip: Very close to some excellent Restaurants and the Town Centre. The Golf Course just over the road, and the Lake just a couple of kms away.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 26 January 2020

We had the “executive” apartment at a hefty NZ300 per night. The only “executive” element was that the open plan sitting-dining-kitchen area was larger than in the average motel. The room looked a bit tired and the bathroom only had a liquid soap dispenser, as obviously “executives” don’t want toiletries. No tissues in the apartment - “executives” presumably bring their own. Also offensive was a threatening sign in the kitchen area that before the 10 am checkout all dishes had to washed, dried and “returned to where they came from” or else there would be “a charge to your credit card” - although I doubt if it is legal to charge someone for not drying and putting away a dish! We washed kitchen equipment before use as it seemed that some previous visitors had only honoured the “returned to where they came from” part of the threat.
We had wanted a bit of luxury which is why we chose the “executive” apartment: bad mistake. This room should better be advertised as “expensive no frills apartment.”
Unlike others, we found the female receptionist friendly but the grumpy male manager does not seem to enjoy his job

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 3 December 2019

One of the cheaper options in Twizel, this motel is very well maintained. The room and the bathroom (with spa) were impeccable. There is a small kitchenette with good basic kitchen equipment. The owners are friendly and professional, and made contact before we stayed there to confirm our booking. There aren't many accommodation choices in Twizel but this is a very decent one with good wifi.

Date of stay: November 2019