Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Review Highlights
Memory - making magical stay

A very special part of the world with luxury accommodation. Guaranteed privacy. Weather was... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
MickandNik
Just as we hoped for

A real slice of Mackenzie country; totally private and a superbly designed 'glass' house. Sadly we... read more

Reviewed 25 July 2021
jan s
Auckland, New Zealand
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Twizel
from US$144.01
from US$307.99
from US$288.74
from US$398.02
More Info
All reviews outdoor bath unique experience first night stayed here glass house two nights mackenzie country new zealand dark sky reserve next morning off grid a wonderful stay wedding anniversary magical place to stay watch the sunrise amazing sunrise solar power
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 June 2021

Truly unforgettable and highly recommended!

My husband and I stayed at Skyscape in April 2021 and it was an amazing experience. The creators/owners of Skyscape, Bridget and Bevan, are lovely people, very friendly and welcoming. They've crafted an eco-friendly yet luxurious space in the wilderness that is beautiful inside and out. We loved the comfortable bed and little kitchenette with yummy continental breakfast supplies. The shower was divine and top marks for the lovely robes and slippers.

Our absolute favourite part of our stay was soaking in the gorgeous outdoor tub watching the stars. We literally saw the Milky Way reflected in the pure spring water!
We woke up to blue skies and birds above us, and golden high country views stretching out for miles. It was so relaxing, we didn't want to leave!

Thank you again for a wonderful stay and keep up the amazing work!

Reviewed 3 May 2021

Skyscape is STUNNING, it exceeded our expectations, the landscape is incredible. we had around 45 mins of clear sky which we were disappointed about, but then the sunrise made up for it. just beautiful! would love to come back for two nights and explore more of Mt Cook etc next time.

SkyScapeNZ, Owner at SkyScape, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2021

Thank you Rochelle for your review.
Yes, mother nature doesn't always play its part for perfectly clear skies. Glad the sunrise made up for it, there is so much more to SkyScape than just the star gazing. We are thrilled you enjoyed your SkyScape experience.
Bevan

Reviewed 1 May 2021 via mobile

Every bit as beautiful as we hoped for. Exceptionally comfortable accommodation perfectly built to maximise the sweeping views and big sky. Whilst the high cloud obscured the stars, it gave us the most stunning sunset and sunrise. Would love to come back and spend 2 nights here next time. The platter was delicious and easily enough for dinner for 2.

Date of experience: March 2021
SkyScapeNZ, Owner at SkyScape, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2021

Thank you for the review. I am pleased you got to experience a stunning sunrise after the high cloud. We look forward to welcoming you back for two nights.
Bevan.

Reviewed 4 April 2021

Skyscape was the only accomodation we had booked for our whole holiday. This was the one experience I had on my wish list. Bevan & Bridget had a vision and have created the most beautiful hideaway for you to enjoy. On arrival we asked Bevan to please remember to turn on the stars. He said he’d do his best. We had been blessed with beautiful weather for the first few days of our mini vacation but had driven through rain that day so weren’t very hopeful. On arrival the setting was so picturesque I knew we’d arrived at something special. Nestled amongst the scrub and tussocks our private little glass cabin awaited. Floor to ceiling (including the ceiling) glass with clever windows coverings if u wanted them meant you could lie on your bed and stargaze then watch the sun rise. A beautifully presented complimentary breakfast was left for us with delicious local jam/honey fresh bread, juice, cereal, yoghurt and more. Early in the evening we filled the hot tub and were happy with the 3 stars we saw. Within an hour the sky was an ink carpet with thousands of diamonds sparkling. The most beautiful sight. I only hope when I close my eyes now I can see the same gorgeous night sky. I luv taking photos but no photo I took was close to what was infront of us.
My wish is everyone gets to experience this beautiful McKenzie Country and enjoy Bridget and Bevan’s hospitality. BEYOND BEAUTIFUL!!

SkyScapeNZ, Owner at SkyScape, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2021

Thanks Glenda. Thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay. People tell us time and time again that photos don't do justice to this beautiful landscape.

Reviewed 29 March 2021

We stayed here to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. What an absolute gem in our own little country. An amazing place in an amazing setting with amazing hosts. I don't think that there is not enough words to describe the tranquility, the absolute beauty of sky scape nz. You have to go there to experience it yourself

Date of experience: March 2021