“A Quick Breakfast Venue”
Review of Twizel Bakery Cafe

Twizel Bakery Cafe
Ranked #3 of 4 Quick Bites in Twizel
Reviewed 30 January 2020

A basic bakery with some tables outside. Good coffee and a range of pastries and pies. OK for a quick refuel. Service had a naive charm.

2  Thank BazJackSalisbury

Reviewed 19 January 2020 via mobile

Food is ok and affordable but the ambiance is everything but nice and welcoming. The staff is cheerful but ruled by a man who screams at them in front of the customers and from the back, shouting out from the kitchen and insulting them. Nobody should talk to people like that, moreover if they make the business run. I don’t recommande the place.

Reviewed 8 January 2020 via mobile

This is an awful experience.

I walked in the cafe and asked this blonde waitress politely for a steak and mushroom pie. She did not even look at me when I was making the order, so I repeated it again. She nodded, without looking at me still, and grabbed a different pie. When I told her that’s not what I ordered, she asked suddenly “do you want another person to serve you”? I was quite confused and did not get what she was on about so just went “not really”. She replied in a hostile tone “then I will serve you”. She grabbed the pie and dumped it on the counter and walked away and never returned!

I was stunned and did not know what to react. Could not think of one reason of what I have done to deserve this kind of customer service.

1  Thank NICOLE Z
Reviewed 8 January 2020 via mobile

Visited here for takeaway lunch. Could not fault the food. Good selection of eat in and takeaway food. Very busy shop.

Reviewed 24 November 2019 via mobile

We wanted a quick breakfast and this place worked our fine. They will sell you coffee to go, and our apple & cinnamon muffins were fine. Not quaint or charming, but just the basics.

Date of visit: November 2019