Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
iBeenAroundTheWorld
London, United Kingdom

Very disappointed, poor first impression of reception and hideous check in

2.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 29 Nov 2023via mobile
Shangri La Fijian Resort & Spa.

Managers Eddie or Saul

Late check in… 1hr late already……

If you want the amazing review that InterContinental Fiji Golf Resort & Spa got when I just stayed there for the last 5 nights then your going to have to do better and up your service standards. They check me in 5hrs early when I arrived at Intercontinental and they are very busy with 3 weddings this week!! They make Shangri-La look like a 3 star hotel!! Intercontinental gave details on Wi-Fi connection while waiting, they directed me to various parts of the hotel so I could get my holiday started, I arrived there at 8am and was checked in by 11am even though check in is 4pm…. I didn’t even have to request an early check in.

I‘’m currently recommending that visitors to Fiji stay at the InterContinental Fiji if you don’t want to spend your first day in reception with a crowd waiting to check in 🫤 reception didn’t even offer suggestions on what to do while waiting on check-in, also didn’t give Wi-Fi details while waiting….. very very poor check-in standards.

Finally got to the room 1hr and 15mins after check-in time…… clearly the delay was not because the room was being cleaned because the mirror in the room looks like it hasn’t been cleaned in between guests!!

Very disappointed I choose to stay here after a beautiful, immaculate stay at the Intercontinental Fiji.

I won’t be booking here next year….. in fact I’m of the view that I’m going to leave here early and go back to intercontinental. Bad first impression!!

I understand a lot of your staff went to work for intercontinental Fiji and I have to say that it’s your loss that they have gone. As a guest I also want to go back there.
Date of stay: November 2023
Room Tip: I will be avoiding this hotel next year when I visit Fiji, it feels like the storm after the...
Trip type: Travelled solo
Responded 1 Dec 2023
Bula iBeenAroundTheWorld,

Greetings from Shangri-La Yanuca Island, Fiji

Thank you to share your constructive feedback on resort which has been communicated with the management team who will work with own areas of colleagues on improvement and implementation.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused during your stay.

$927
  • Algotels
34.4 km from Shangri-La Yanuca Island, Fiji
View more hotels in Yanuca Island
4,725 results
All reviews lagoon terrace chi spa beach bar and grill ocean wing kids club beach massage family holiday kids eat free mini golf ground floor main pool buffet breakfast per adult fish water sports fire show great for families
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 November 2023

What an amazing resort.

From check in to check out.

Staff are friendly, efficient, caring and always smiling.

Rooms are great, and views are spectacular

Would highly recommend for a family vacation. Golf for Dad and tanning pools days with ice cold cocktails for Mom.

Lagoon pool is a MUST if you travelling with kids - we had so much fun with the staff and guests with water games.

Would highly recommend the buffet dinner, with is gorgeous sunsets on the water.

There’s so much to do, I’d say a MIN stay of 5 nights easy.

Oh and I forgot to mention is there is an only adults area of the resort (including dinning options)

Book your next family vacation/staycation. You won’t be sorry!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Shangri-La Fiji, Owner at Shangri-La Yanuca Island, Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2023

Dear Tayhostie1,

Sunny Greetings from Shangri-La Yanuca Island, Fiji

Thank you to share your great review on resort and colleagues. We are happy to know you have enjoyed your holiday with us and we look forward welcoming you back in near future.

Reviewed 28 November 2023

My wife and I went to the Shangri La for our honeymoon. We had an amazing time.

The customer service and facilities were of 5 star standard. The location was beautiful, and we were blessed with great weather and amazing sunsets.

A number of staff members went out of there way to ensure we had a lovely time and I would like to mention a few of them.

On one day we took the bikes for a ride around the island and stumbled across The Grounds where they grow the flowers and plants for the resort. We were greeted by Ben and Ksoni who were happy to take some time out from their busy schedule and show us around the area and even teach us about horticulture!

We were frequent visitors of the Takali bar where we were served by Sai and/or Emosi. They were both so lovely and after the first meeting they would greet us by name and knew our order. Their friendly service and chat-chat between drinks was appreciated and certainly kept us coming back each evening.

During the days, we spent a lot of time on the beach or by the main pool where we were served by a lovely young man named Josevata at the Lagoon bar. This man went out of his way daily to look after us and get to know us. His remarkable customer service and friendly nature shows his love for his job and for the guests. The cocktail maker at the bar was Inosa - what amazing cocktails!

Our favourite breakfast and dinner location was at the Black Marlin. For breakfast we were served by Amenatave on most days. What a remarkable young man. He was so friendly and no task was too much. We soon became friends with him, and even went down to the local Sevens tournament at Sigatoka to watch him play. This gave us a fantastic genuine Fijian experience. We all know how much the flying Fijians love their rugby!
The dinner at the Black Marlin was Italian at the time of our stay. The food was a standout of our trip and we found ourselves rebooking most nights. We were served by Kunai, after our first visit, he remembered our names, our drink order and had such a friendly and positive vibe. He helped us through the menu and advised us on meals which suited what we were after.

All in all, our time at the Shangri La was amazing, the resort was absolutely gorgeous and the customer service we received was second to none. We will certainly be returning in the future.

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Bula Vinaka ChrispD2384FM,

Warmest greetings from Shangri-La Yanuca Island, Fiji :)

Thanking you for your great review on resort and colleagues. We are glad you had excellent holiday with us and we look forward welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 November 2023

Had the worst time. I am honestly in disbelief when I read the good reviews about this place. I would love to know what room these folks stayed in. We stayed 3 days. First day arrived in Fiji at 11:30am. Took an hour and a half to get there. Check in was 3pm. We got in our room at 5pm after much prodding. Room was very musty. Pillows were damp and disgusting. Every piece of furniture had stains on it to the point you didn't want to sit down. Towels were grey with yellow stains. Experience in Tekali kitchen was awful. Our drinks and dinner came out over a two-hour period. No manager to speak of. They tried to say it was "progressive" service. Why would drinks be part of progressive service? Made no sense. I finally had to go into the kitchen myself to get my appetizer at the 2 hour mark. If you find yourself here, eat at the buffet and save yourself the aggravation. Or better yet get to a better hotel in Denaru. Tripadvisor wants me to write something nice to go along with this review; We left and made it home safely.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Venture606677
Reviewed 21 November 2023

Resort itself was a lovely family resort and we had a wonderful time. We arrived an hour early and front office provide us early check in without any extra fee. however, the problems started on checkout. We were advised that security deposit would be refunded straight onto our credit card and said it could take up to 7 days to process. We waited and waited and despite emailing many many times it has not been refunded. This is a large amount of money and unacceptable that it has taken this long to return. It was September 2nd November 2023 we checked out and my emails seem to be being ignored. Very frustrating! Reservation Reference numbers are 28024917/28024916

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Balapitiya
Shangri-La Fiji, Owner at Shangri-La Yanuca Island, Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2023

Bula Vinaka Balapitiya,
Greetings from Shangri-La Yanuca Island, Fiji
Thank you for your constructive feedback on resort. Kindly updating I have communicated this review with concerned department managers who will be looking into pre-authorization amount which was held to secure your incidental and upon check out using of same credit card would have been dropped in your account with no changes to your balance since amount is only been held not being processed out of your account. Pre-authorization (bond) release will take place 10 to 15 working days to drop back to your account.
We sincerely apologize for the delays which has inconvenienced you.
Please allow time to concerned department to check and revert back to you.
Feel free to contact resort directly or via email address to reservations team which has been published on Shangri-La Website.

Reviewed 19 November 2023 via mobile

A wonderful resort with the best people!

We booked an all inclusive package for myself, my partner and our 20 month old toddler via Lucury Escapes for $3600AUD in an Ocean Deluxe Room. I didn’t really understand the layout of the resort when booking, but once I realised I emailed them and they said we could move to a Yanuca deluxe room for an extra $100FJD per night - great! Locked it in.

We arrived and sadly they’d overbooked those rooms so we had to go in the Ocean Deluxe Room anyway - this was annoying as I had the email trail to show too. Oh well, this was literally the only hiccup! We got a cot for our toddler no problems, we were in room 550, there isn’t a lift though apart from the staff lift, and this was sometimes closed which made life with a pram and stairwell difficult but we managed, but something to be aware of.

We had transfers included with Tewaka and they were fantastic, they even dropped us in Denarau on the way back instead of the airport. I did ask for a car seat and they had one ready for us each visit, but Hunter is 95cms tall at 20 months and there was no way he would fit in the tiny rear facing capsule they had ready for us haha. He sat on my lap both ways and luckily it all worked out fine!

For our first breakfast we tried Takali, it was much closer to our room and we loved it so much we ended up having breakfast there for all 5 mornings! Every single staff member there was beautiful, when Hunter screamed when I went to get some food they would just rush over and pick him up and distract him, they were wonderful! One in particular, Joe or Joseva was just the sweetest most kindest human, when he saw us even swimming by the pool he’d come over with our drink orders without us even having to ask and he even brought Hunter icy cold apple juices throughout the day, again without being asked 🥰 we left him a big tip on the last day haha, but truly every single person in the entire resort just bent over backwards for us and helped us so much with Hunter. If you have a toddler this is definitely the hotel for you!!!!

We didn’t ever really want a huge lunch because the breakfasts and dinners were so big so we just ordered from the takali pool side menu, and that worked perfectly! Our faves were the seafood salad, spring rolls and chicken satay! Oh and the pandan crepes with caramelised coconut were to die for!!!!!!
Nanny service was excellent! We had Francis every night!

The a/c in the room was ok, but not amazing. During the day it definitely didn’t do enough and we were absolutely boiling but it was perfect at night.

Dinners out, we splurged! We had lobster and mud crab at Takali, did a night at golden cowrie (black marlin) sunset drinks at Bilo Bar, and one night we did the marau village show! our first night we arrived so late but they allowed us to use our credits in room service which was great, that food wasn’t amazing and it took an hour but very convenient after a toddler travel day!

The fire show was pretty good, but in true toddler form Hunter cracked it at the loud noise and humidity so we did sadly have to leave. I’ve definitely been to better luaus in Hawaii etc. But given you can put your credit towards it it’s actually an incredibly cheap awesome night! Hot tip, the Kokoda is at the end so make sure you leave some room on your plate if you’re a seafood lover like me!

We also had a 90 minute Fijian bobo massage at the Chi spa which was just absolute bliss! It was so relaxing and such a beautiful setting, I felt very at peace!

Resort is a little dated but perfect vibe and exceptionally friendly staff, have never stayed somewhere where I felt like I was with family like this!

Room tip: Definitely do all inclusive
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank xtinacocacola
Shangri-La Fiji, Owner at Shangri-La Yanuca Island, Fiji, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2023

Bula xtinacocacola

Greetings from Shangri-La Yanuca Island, Fiji

Thank you to share your excellent review on resort and colleagues with your suggestions and observations. We take each guest feedback very seriously to look into areas being highlighted to work with team on improvement and implementation.
This review has been communicated with the management team and colleagues.

Mostly important we are glad you had a awesome holiday with us and we look forward welcoming you back in near future.

Once again we thank you for your constructive detailed feedback on resort and colleagues.